Author Topic: Magic Pie II Updates  (Read 69974 times)

Offline bike4ever

Re: Magic Pie II Updates
« Reply #15 on: April 04, 2010, 01:48:08 PM »
Some info on when this new 72V MPII will be available would be great.  I think I may hold out for this option.  72V would rock!

Offline Hardcore

• Confirmed
  • Master of Magic
« Reply #16 on: April 04, 2010, 02:34:56 PM »
well, not soon. as yao isn't able to respond to emails I think he also isn't working on a mpII

maybe next winter or so

Offline GoldenMotor

• GoldenMotor
  • Emperor
  • PhD. Magic
  • Dark Templar
    • GoldenMotor Youtube
« Reply #17 on: April 07, 2010, 11:59:52 AM »
no no no... i'm just busy with something else, the exhibitions and stuff...

Anyway, I will be in London and Europe (Probably the weed legal amsterdam) Permanently from september 2010 to december 2013. So get your torque wrenches ready cause you'll be able to harass GM directly while i'm there. This way, I will be able to understand client needs and give direct feedback to the company. Also, we're still improvising on our quality, as you can see the quality of the MP has improved alot since the 901 kits, however, due to the complaints on the spokes and magic menopause issues (Kevin's bike), I guess there's still much room for improvements. Also, if anyone would be interested to become an affiliate, please get in contact with me as there is a huge market in europe, I plan to make oxford and cambridge universities my dealers as well, with discounts for students. Also, the soccer leagues, so I guess fans of real madrid will also get discounts??? I dunno, because it's still fresh. Yeh. :-X

Offline alswiseowl

« Reply #18 on: April 07, 2010, 12:27:00 PM »
hi there yao yuan

if you do go to amsterdam,youll probably end up living there ;)..

would you be able to give us a date for the release of the mp2 please..
thanks again
Alex

tomasz

« Reply #19 on: April 08, 2010, 07:38:09 AM »
Also, if anyone would be interested to become an affiliate, please get in contact with me as there is a huge market in europe,

Hi Yao!
I sent you a message. ;)

Offline GoldenMotor

• GoldenMotor
  • Emperor
  • PhD. Magic
  • Dark Templar
    • GoldenMotor Youtube
« Reply #20 on: April 08, 2010, 02:43:52 PM »
Yeah sure, i'll announce it here, the release date but it's probably going to be a little slow, cause we've still got testing and video productions coming up, as well as a brand new brochure.

Offline Eriknoort

• Confirmed
  • Magic Undergrad
« Reply #21 on: April 08, 2010, 08:43:01 PM »
Hi Yao,

There are a lot of bikes in Amsterdam.

Some facts
In Holland there are 18 million bikes on 16 Million habitants.
In 2009 1.3 million new bikes. 950 million euro.
10 percent of the new bikes is a e-bike

Erik

Offline Bikemad

• Global Moderator
  • Professor
  • PhD. Magic
« Reply #22 on: April 09, 2010, 12:58:25 AM »

It doesn't look like many ride them at night, judging by the angle of some of those headlamps.

Only one (out of the six bikes in the foreground) appears to be adjusted correctly.

Alan

Offline e-lmer

• Technical Officer
  • Master of Magic
    • My page
« Reply #23 on: April 09, 2010, 02:50:19 PM »

When you're riding on lighted streets, the
headlight is more to keep cars from running
over you than for seeing the road.

Pointing the lamp too high is better for that.

I sometimes wear one of those camping headlights
on my head backwards when I ride just so they
can't sneak up on me from the blind side.

Offline Hardcore

• Confirmed
  • Master of Magic
« Reply #24 on: April 09, 2010, 03:22:47 PM »
I got a 900lumens max brightness light strapped to my head and cars just start to do weird things like gettin out and jelling ad me :D
very nice those head lights especially the bright ones

Offline Leslie

• Confirmed
  • PhD. Magic
« Reply #25 on: April 10, 2010, 08:53:30 AM »
The changes are awesome.  Great approach to speed control using regen downhill. 

Will the BAC controllers receive these upgrades too?

The programmable interface is going to be excellent for the other motors out there.

Bring it on

Offline Hardcore

• Confirmed
  • Master of Magic
« Reply #26 on: April 10, 2010, 09:02:27 AM »
number guy, indeed. it will be excellent :D

Offline Bikemad

• Global Moderator
  • Professor
  • PhD. Magic
« Reply #27 on: April 10, 2010, 10:33:17 AM »
Great approach to speed control using regen downhill. 
This was just a suggestion and unfortunately is not a proposed Pie II modification just yet.
It would be great if this suggestion could be implemented into a future upgrade of the GM controllers.

The programmable interface is going to be excellent for the other motors out there

....... when customers are actually able to make it work!  ::)

It would be very nice to hear from anyone who has actually been able to alter their controller using the interface lead and the software from the site.
If this could be accompanied by a brief step by step explanation as to exactly how they managed to make it work, it would hopefully help others who haven't yet had any success with it. ;)

Alan

« Last Edit: June 30, 2017, 07:08:32 PM by Bikemad »

Offline Leslie

• Confirmed
  • PhD. Magic
« Reply #28 on: April 10, 2010, 11:00:28 AM »
What is the chips make and model?  We can discuss how to get access to the code. The utility may not work but we still can try to download the data stored on the chip.

Bring it on

Offline diverdon

• Confirmed
  • Bachelor of Magic
« Reply #29 on: April 10, 2010, 09:27:11 PM »

I've somehow also managed to convince Philip to do another round of promotion. As well as an approximated 190USD offer to those that have bought the first Magic Pie. (I'm not sure about the cost price of this new Magic Pie)
This section of the forum is dedicated to this product and useful complaints/discussions of this product will be taken into consideration.
Thanks to all the members of this forum.

Yours,
Yao Yuan       

Hello , Whew :o this sounds like a great idea ..Actually tons of great ideas .. Please put me down for one of the upgrade deals . I wonder if it will come as a whole  kit or just a wheel or hub/motor to replace the one we have . I am guessing that the rest of the hardware and parts will work with the motor/hub??? Just a guess ...

It all sounds like good ideas ...who knows with the way you guys keep moving forward you might think of some more things to add before you start real production ...

Yup ... Put me down for upgrade #1 .. I don't see anyone else asking for "Dibbs" on that yet ;D.. Keep up the Great Work , Don J.