Author Topic: Headlight Switch Hook - Up  (Read 5715 times)

Offline diverdon

• Confirmed
  • Bachelor of Magic
Headlight Switch Hook - Up
« on: January 01, 2010, 01:09:21 AM »

Hello all ,

Please could someone tell me how to hook up the switch for the headlight and tailight??
          I really have searched a lot here for it before bugging anyone as you'd thinkit would be an easy thing to find .

I see the Plug marked "Led Headlight" and also have found the 2 wires from the headlight switch button..

The thing is I do not know how to make the whole setup work . Cannot find my original install instructions any more and haven't ordered a headlight /tailite set yet which might have the instructions also.

Sure hope someone can explain how this works.. Thanks So Much . Don J.

Offline Bikemad

• Global Moderator
  • Professor
  • PhD. Magic
Re: Headlight Switch Hook - Up
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2010, 12:53:33 AM »
                   Please could someone tell me how to hook up the switch for the headlight and tailight??
                I see the Plug marked "Led Headlight" and also have found the 2 wires from the headlight switch button..
       Sure hope someone can explain how this works.   

Here you go Don, this diagram should be self-explanatory:

With the Magic Pie, you must connect the + and - to the Red and Black wires on two pin "LED Lights" connector as shown in the diagram below instead of the A & B controller connections shown in the diagram above.

The 1 Amp inline fuse shown in the diagram is optional and is not supplied with the lights, but I suggest you play safe and fit one, as it will protect the switch and main wiring harness if the lighting cables become trapped and cause a short circuit.

An inline fuse & holder should be easy enough to get hold of, as most car accessory stores will usually stock them.

Alan

EDIT: Additional diagram added to avoid any confusion.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2024, 11:10:11 AM by Bikemad »

Offline diverdon

• Confirmed
  • Bachelor of Magic
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2010, 03:11:28 AM »

Thanks for the Reply ... At first I did not understand it ..... But now I think I understand . The easiest way to explain it is to say that the plug in the wiring harness becomes the 2 poles in the speed controller on the other Diagraham .. Right ? .... Thanks again ,

Now all I need to do is wait for someone in the USA to have it in stock so I won't have to pay $30 shipping which doubles the price of the lights ..

Happy New Year , Don J.

Offline Bikemad

• Global Moderator
  • Professor
  • PhD. Magic
Re: LED Light Connection Diagram for Magic Pies
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2010, 08:29:42 PM »
The easiest way to explain it is to say that the plug in the wiring harness becomes the 2 poles in the speed controller on the other Diagram .. Right ?

Don,
As long as you can understand it, that's all that really matters.

Alan

« Last Edit: March 11, 2024, 11:06:53 AM by Bikemad »

Offline diverdon

• Confirmed
  • Bachelor of Magic
« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2010, 03:59:58 AM »

Hello Alan,
                     What a Great Graphic ... That makes it wayyyy easier to understand ... Thanks for the ... Uhh Picture .. I hope it helps others too ..

Thanks Again Alan , Don J.