Author Topic: Regen delay?  (Read 5182 times)

Offline dhugger

Regen delay?
« on: December 17, 2009, 04:23:54 PM »
Hi everyone,

I just finished installing the MP kit on my bike and have noticed close to a 1 second delay from when I pull the brakes to when the regen braking begins to happen. Has anyone else noticed this?

Derek

Offline Leslie

• Confirmed
  • PhD. Magic
Re: Regen delay?
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2009, 05:15:19 PM »
I don't own a Pie but I have noticed some delays for a few things in the soft start BLDC controllers I have owned.

I cant think of any reason why other than Its probably programmed into the software and or hardware to avoid current surges over the fets and onto the BMS/batteries.

A lot happens when a controller come into regen.

Acceleration needs to be fully shut down, a reverse phase at the right duty cycle needs to be introduced and feed into the motor.

Its possibly related to soft start.  There seems to be a delay on brake switches too.

Bring it on

Offline dutchcyclingman

« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2009, 12:17:40 PM »
hy derek

i olso notised the same 1 sec delay with the reg braking
but wen u get used to the 1 sec its no problem at al
the 1 sec is  nice for switching of the cruise control

wat is a little problem is the braking itself  ; its to much an wen you brake down from a 40km/h it go's on an off  I think there is a current limiting in it

wen you ad a extra battery [7,4v] in series with the main battery the braking get a lot better
and you gain a little more speed

gerrit
750w frontwheel
     its illegal 
 but its fun to ride

Offline Hardcore

• Confirmed
  • Master of Magic
« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2009, 01:01:27 PM »
if you don't want the regen braking to slow you from 40 to 20 in 2 sec it is a nice feature because you can pull the brake levers in less than 1 sec and it doesn't activates regen braking, don't know if anyone of you tried this?

conclusion: you can use you're own brakes instead of regen to brake down just a litlle bit, you can also pull it to switch off the cruise control and the wind resistance etc. will slow you down.

hope this helps ;D