Author Topic: re post: Phill the Pill  (Read 25912 times)

Offline al

• Confirmed
Re: re post: Phill the Pill
« Reply #15 on: September 09, 2007, 09:22:29 AM »
so to sum it up, I should change my religion,move to L.A ,look for a guy called raul and don't buy a rear wheel kit .....cool.

Offline mustangman

• Confirmed
  • Bachelor of Magic
« Reply #16 on: September 09, 2007, 06:11:24 PM »
   al,  actually raul is in Oakland,CA (northern california) , your religion is fine, and the rear wheel kit depends on the spacing of the dropouts, and when in doubt about spacing, look for another alternative such as a front wheel. I personally wanted to put a rear wheel hub motor on my bike, but I changed my mind because of all the problems you guys reported. So, I have to say thanks to you and others on this forum for not getting myself in over my head and being disapointed on the outcome.  :)

Offline Dalecv

• Confirmed
  • Magic Undergrad
« Reply #17 on: September 09, 2007, 11:29:10 PM »
From what I have heard, those who want the new state of Jefferson think that San Fran, Oakland, and surrounding area is part of Suddern Calafonia.

Offline mustangman

• Confirmed
  • Bachelor of Magic
« Reply #18 on: September 10, 2007, 12:12:00 AM »
 Very Funny, It would not affect me since I live in the middle. I guess If CA splits down the middle I could Live in the south and work in the north or vice versa. LOL  :D :D ;D

Offline myelectricbike

• PhD. Magic
    • How to Build an Electric Bike
Re: re post: Phill the Pill not
« Reply #19 on: September 10, 2007, 12:44:27 AM »
What will they call the two states if and earthquake splits California in half??? East California and West California? Or has the government picked other names?

Offline Dave

• Confirmed
  • Bachelor of Magic
    • davintosh
« Reply #20 on: September 10, 2007, 01:18:03 AM »
Or like Robin Williams (or was it Steve Martin?) used to joke, California would fall into the ocean, and all the beach bums would surf to Colorado.

Offline mustangman

• Confirmed
  • Bachelor of Magic
« Reply #21 on: September 10, 2007, 01:57:58 AM »
 Na, But the central valley would be ocean front property and a loss in food production to cause a small famine in the U.S. since we grow most of the fruits, nuts and veggies. Bon appitite!!

Offline myelectricbike

• PhD. Magic
« Reply #22 on: September 10, 2007, 03:41:11 AM »
In the event of global warming how high would the ocean have to rise to flood the central valley?

Offline mustangman

• Confirmed
  • Bachelor of Magic
« Reply #23 on: September 10, 2007, 03:49:23 AM »
 The Delta Region is the most at risk, Around where OneEye lives(stockton). I am farther south about 110 miles, so the impact would not be as great. But still, global warming could have an impact.  ;D

Offline myelectricbike

• PhD. Magic
« Reply #24 on: September 10, 2007, 07:43:04 AM »
Water World  ;D

Offline OneEye

• Confirmed
  • Master of Magic
« Reply #25 on: September 10, 2007, 03:25:52 PM »
Yup, the delta is endangered as it is.  Much of the farming area in the delta has the same elevation problems as New Orleans: they are up to 20' below average sea level.  The predictions say if there is a catastrophic levee failure, the amount of water that will flood into one of the "islands" in the delta will draw so much water so fast that salt water from the SF Bay will intrude most of the delta, killing fish, vegetation &c.  The new "lake" in the delta would be too deep for even aquatic vegetation to grow, so would be a dead spot permanently.

There are communities on the west side of Stockton (just about anything west of I-5) that are within 5 feet of sea level.  I live at about +20 or so.

Offline mustangman

• Confirmed
  • Bachelor of Magic
« Reply #26 on: September 10, 2007, 05:34:29 PM »
YA, all the area is protected by levees including Tracy. Most of it is farm land and small towns like Walnut Grove. A ground squirrel dug a little too far and caused a whole island to flood.(an "island" is a area surrounded by levees, just think of a giant bowl) It took almost 4 months to repair the damages and drain the "island". That is why an earthquake in the bay area if 7.0+ could cause some of these levees to collapse.

Offline Dave

• Confirmed
  • Bachelor of Magic
    • davintosh
« Reply #27 on: September 10, 2007, 11:29:48 PM »
Water World  ;D

Wasn't that broadcast on some network last night? I recognized it flipping through channels; what a waste of poor acting.

Offline mustangman

• Confirmed
  • Bachelor of Magic
« Reply #28 on: September 11, 2007, 12:56:35 AM »
  Not only a poor film but a poor waste of film!! :P

Offline myelectricbike

• PhD. Magic
« Reply #29 on: September 11, 2007, 01:22:50 AM »
Lake Califon-i-a!  ;D All you need do is replace the Golden Gate Bridge with a Golden Dam.  ;D  8)
« Last Edit: September 11, 2007, 04:10:57 AM by myelectricbike »