Author Topic: re post: Phill the Pill  (Read 25886 times)

Offline al

• Confirmed
re post: Phill the Pill
« on: September 08, 2007, 08:52:47 PM »
 have just been sent a personal message by myelectricbike on goldenmotor.com.

IMPORTANT: Remember, this is just a notification. Please do not reply to this email.

The message they sent you was:

If you live in the US then Raul is the problem. Philip was paying Raul a reasonable commission to fill online orders but Raul wants the whole enchilada and is bottlenecking and screwing up orders placed online which Philip has to resolve from China through Raul.

If you are Hispanic and live in California you can drive up to Oakland to pick up a kit directly from Raul for the same price as online so that he gets the whole profit instead of a commission.

For this reason I only sell overseas.

BTW - how about replacing the word "sh!t" in the message you just posted with a less offensive word like "kiddidle" or "horsefeathers," since we have a lot of under age kids visiting this forum.

I replyed to the topic (should he stay or should he go) last night. my listing disapeared of the board maybe for the reason I used a four letter word I just said when you are ordering stuff from phil the pill he replys like sh!t of a chrome shovel! if I had said horsefeathers of a chrome shovel you would not have got the point. Anyway the hero sent this email to me this morning so is he saying I have to be an hispanic to get any answer or service from this crew.
thats a toughie being a white anglo saxon protestant from N.Ireland.
I don't mind asking the forum for views etc but when you get sad puppys coming back with I quote "did you read the installation manual" dooah I never thought of that! give me a break. Anyway read quick I have a feeling this will disapear soon.

Offline myelectricbike

• PhD. Magic
    • How to Build an Electric Bike
Re: re post: Phill the Pill not
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2007, 09:27:17 PM »
The conflict between N and S Ireland has been resolved so there is no need to provide a heads up to anyone from N Ireland who might want to take a trip to S Ireland to shop for goods. On the other hand the US and Mexico are still wrestling with the question of illegal aliens crossing the border. Consequently a heads up on Raul's ethnicity might help you to avoid a confrontation when you are in that neighborhood. However, it sounds like that is what you are looking for so have at it and help yourself.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2007, 11:34:01 PM by myelectricbike »

Offline al

• Confirmed
Re: re post: Phill the Pill
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2007, 10:12:35 PM »
your the one who who first mentioned the phrase (hispanic) what if I wasnt hispanic in Calafornia and wanted a kit could I still get one and pleaseee
dont even go there on the Irish politics thing.

Offline myelectricbike

• PhD. Magic
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2007, 10:21:57 PM »
You can purchase a kit online but if you live in the US then your kit will be sent to you by Raul at Philip's direction. Hence if you ride up to Oakland and buy one directly from Raul you can avoid going through Philip altogether, even though Raul and not Philip is the problem. Also there appears to be a dealer further North of Raul that someone posted here a few days ago but they most likely get there kits directly through Raul. I do not know about Dray since he has been banned from this site. I'll look for it and if I find will post it here.

In the meantime, how about changing the words you have posted as I have asked and I would suggest also changing the title of the topic to keep Philip from being rightfully upset.

« Last Edit: September 08, 2007, 11:34:14 PM by myelectricbike »

Offline mustangman

• Confirmed
  • Bachelor of Magic
« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2007, 10:46:02 PM »
   It took less than 5 days for me to get my kit from the time I placed the order to the time I recieved it. As a matter of fact I recieved the kit before I got the shipping notice from FedEX Ground.(I live about 3.5 hrs from Oakland) ;D :D  :)

Offline myelectricbike

• PhD. Magic
« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2007, 10:50:58 PM »
I would hope things to improve following a heftier commission for Raul and sales tax being included in the new price.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2007, 11:34:29 PM by myelectricbike »

Offline mustangman

• Confirmed
  • Bachelor of Magic
« Reply #6 on: September 08, 2007, 11:11:13 PM »
   That might be true, but the quality might be also improving. That would explain the diference in the kit I recieved. I was thinking of making a decal like MEB did to advertise and spread the word.(and might make a couple of bucks) :)     
    al, I hope the next batch you get will better than the last, sometimes it takes some time to get BUGS out of the production line. As a fellow WASP and living in California, I have learned to adapt. It is true that I am now a minority in my home state but this does not bother me as much as someone trying to play the race card against me saying I hate them because of their skin color or other silly excuses. VIVA California and pass me the salsa & tortilla chips please.  ;D
« Last Edit: September 08, 2007, 11:27:48 PM by mustangman »

Offline myelectricbike

• PhD. Magic
« Reply #7 on: September 08, 2007, 11:18:17 PM »
I've probably had 4 people ask me how much an ebike kit would cost over that past six months and no email inquiries whatsoever from anyone who has seen the email address on the decal on the hub. I live in an area where there is bus service with stops in walking distance of most homes so that a motorized bike is not really needed. Even the local university and large Veterans hospital complex where I live have free bus and other transportation services of their own. Only outlying suburbs have no bus service since they have to vote to have services (and pay higher taxes) first. In your area and in the area where OneEye lives I'm guessing that there is no bus service to the nearest shopping area or store.

I likewise live in an area with a very large Hispanic and Catholic population with whom I share space with. Not only that but my favorite architectural scheme is Spanish architecture (love those tile roofs) and my new girlfriend is both Hispanic and Catholic and her parents do not understand a word of English  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
« Last Edit: September 09, 2007, 12:50:06 AM by myelectricbike »

Offline mustangman

• Confirmed
  • Bachelor of Magic
« Reply #8 on: September 08, 2007, 11:36:13 PM »
   How true, Public transportation is very limited and service is not stellar, but it sure beats walking. I the small suburb I live in, the bus makes only 3 trips to Fresno a day (moring, noon and 4pm) so if you want to go at any other time you have limited options. (walk, pedal, hitch, or drive yourself) I am sure this can be echoed by fellow members here on the board who like in a semi rerual communities around the country and the world. ;D

Offline al

• Confirmed
« Reply #9 on: September 08, 2007, 11:50:43 PM »
You have just been sent a personal message by myelectricbike on goldenmotor.com.

IMPORTANT: Remember, this is just a notification. Please do not reply to this email.

The message they sent you was:

...also it might help if you were also Catholic. You might also want to leave your chrome shove loaded up with kiddidles in the car.

Reply to this Personal Message here: http://goldenmotor.com/SMF/index.php?action=pm;sa=send;f=inbox;pmsg=

Offline myelectricbike

• PhD. Magic
« Reply #10 on: September 09, 2007, 12:03:13 AM »
...or a resident of California, Mexico, Florida, New York City, The Vatican, Northern Irland, the UK, Spain, France or Brazil. Your order might be more difficult to fill, however, if you are a member of Al-Qaeda and are personal friends with Osama bin Laden or live in Iran, North Korea or Cuba.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2007, 12:23:11 AM by myelectricbike »

Offline Dave

• Confirmed
  • Bachelor of Magic
    • davintosh
« Reply #11 on: September 09, 2007, 12:55:00 AM »
Philip is very poor at responding to emails; I emailed him numerous times before placing an order and got a response once. After placing my order he got back to me right away. Once PayPal went through, he passed the order info along to Raul, who shipped it right away.

I don't think Philip has an attitude that keeps him from responding; my guess is that he's just busy and responds when money he thinks it matters (when he's got a paying customer.) I've chatted with Raul by email a couple times, and he seems a pretty decent guy. If you have questions about a particular product, you might have better luck going directly to Raul instead of Philip.

Offline mustangman

• Confirmed
  • Bachelor of Magic
« Reply #12 on: September 09, 2007, 05:44:29 AM »
 Dave, That is why I sugested A CRM (Customer Retention Management) software program to be installed. It would allow us to place orders, track them and direct our request for help to the right person automatically. (Thats my business Management Information System or MIS training coming out. My consulting fee is usually $100/hr 5hr. min) Phil, I will take it out in trade. LOL
   The plain truth is no body can manage everything without some kind of help, mechanical(computer) or human. It looks to me ol' Phil is overwhelmed and understaffed. So all I can say is persistance and patience will pay off . ;D

Offline myelectricbike

• PhD. Magic
« Reply #13 on: September 09, 2007, 05:59:20 AM »
I'm waiting for the big announcement of the opening of the new customer service center and waiting for them to put up a new web site with all of the bells and whistles,,, no wait a minute, I take that back, I'd rather to continue to have the low prices...  :D

Offline mustangman

• Confirmed
  • Bachelor of Magic
« Reply #14 on: September 09, 2007, 06:22:40 AM »
 It has been proven, prices actually do not increase, but rather reamin the same afer the new software is adopted. the savings actually keeps the prices stable over a longer time frame vs the old system. :D