Author Topic: Ordered my Magic pie KIT 17-11-2009 Netherlands  (Read 99763 times)

Offline ggielen

• Confirmed
Re: Ordered my Magic pie KIT 17-11-2009 Netherlands
« Reply #15 on: December 14, 2009, 04:32:18 PM »
I ordered as well, and should have arrived in the same shipment. I haven't heard yet from him either, but I don't know what transport arrangements from Schiphol to his place are, so I'll give it a couple more days before worrying about it :). As he stated the flight was inbound for Saturday, so assuming nothing is happening on Sunday, we're only one (not even complete) day in the wait...

Offline e-lmer

• Technical Officer
  • Master of Magic
    • My page
« Reply #16 on: December 14, 2009, 07:12:26 PM »
The Magic Pie motor doesnt come with the magic controller,
well, at least not a separate controller.

The speed controller is integrated into the wheel on the Magic
Pie, so you just need to get the connectors, throttle and buttons.

Yes, they only sell the Magic Pie in rear wheel so far, but
I am one of the few that want the front version instead.

I didn't know if you ordered the pie or the original kit.

Offline ggielen

• Confirmed
« Reply #17 on: December 14, 2009, 07:19:14 PM »
@ e-lmer: I ordered the front version from devi-motion (Dennis) and got confirmation that this is indeed what is going to be delivered (and should have arrived at Amsterdam - Schiphol airport already). So it appears they are being sold. I did not buy the kit, but bought the motor, battery pack, throttles (both thumb and twist as I don't know which I will prefer yet) and front and rear led lights separately. I will let you know/confirm once I hold the motor in my hands that the front version is indeed being sold already :) Should not take long..

I want the front version as I designed, and am now building, my own trike and it will slim down it's profile. I don't need space for a sprocket as the trike is going to be classified like a scooter, there will be no pedals, so also no chain and gears.

Offline Gapy

• Confirmed
  • Magic Undergrad
« Reply #18 on: December 15, 2009, 07:11:49 PM »
Here is a e-mail from Dennis...

Dear Gasper,

We had some tr4ouble with the airshipment. It's very busy at the moment but our shipment will be send out tomorrow and we send out the goods next week.

Sorry for the delay.

Met vriendelijke groet/Kind Regards,

Dennis Vroegindeweij

We will have to wait for another week...(hopefully)
Rear GoldenMotor Magic Pie
External Infineon 12fet Lyen edition
48V 20Ah LiFePo4
top speed: 48.6km/h
range: 55km at full speed

Offline ggielen

• Confirmed
« Reply #19 on: December 19, 2009, 12:51:50 PM »
He could've cc'd me on that one.. I read it here first, but I prefer to read this directly in an email than through a forum that I just happen to visit. He's losing him some points on customer feedback..

I'll shoot him an email tonight to check up on things. I'm not in a particular rush, but one should be notified of these things through more 'official channels'.

Offline Gapy

• Confirmed
  • Magic Undergrad
« Reply #20 on: December 22, 2009, 10:57:00 AM »
hey all....

Good news from dennis-shippment starts on thurstday... I have allready prepered my bike, just need to mount the magic ;)
48V 20Ah LiFePo4

Offline ggielen

• Confirmed
« Reply #21 on: December 22, 2009, 11:23:50 AM »
I called today, shipment is being cleared by customs today, will arrive at devi-motion tomorrow. I'm going to pick up myself all the way from Belgium, need to do some fitchecks on my 'bicycle' before welding begins :)

Offline Jazzjerry

• Confirmed
  • Bachelor of Magic
  • Carpe Noctum
    • Beeldhout
« Reply #22 on: December 22, 2009, 12:34:51 PM »
Hello Everybody, 22 dec 2009 Netherlands

I E-mailed Dennis and the shipment will probably be at Devi-Comfort on Thursday.
As I read I think that is already confirmed. By other buyers.

Wil keep you posted on the results.

Jerry
. _   _   __  __  ___  ____  ____  _     _   ____  ____
 ( )_( ) (  ) (  )(  _ \ (  _ \ (  _  )(  \/\/ ) ( ___) (  _ \
  ) _ (   )(__)(  ) _<  )___/ )(_)(  )      (   )__)   )    /
 (_) (_)(_____)(__ / (__)  (____)(__/\__)(____)(_)\_)

Offline Jazzjerry

• Confirmed
  • Bachelor of Magic
  • Carpe Noctum
    • Beeldhout
« Reply #23 on: December 22, 2009, 12:45:19 PM »
22 Dec 2009 Netherlands

Just got of the phone with Dennis,
And according to him they get the shipment delivered on Wednesday.

Thursday I will be ready to pick up my goods.

Thumbs up for Dennis, He deliveres within a decent period. Not completely within a month but I knew this was going to be a tight schedual when I first ordered.

Will keep you updated.

Offline ggielen

• Confirmed
« Reply #24 on: December 23, 2009, 07:40:07 PM »
I picked up my Magic Pie at Devi-Comfort around 16:30 today. The shipment came in and Dennis and his son(?) where preparing the packages for shipping tomorrow, so you can rest assured they will be sent from NL headquarters to your respective places tomorrow, I saw it with my own eyes...

Very friendly guy Dennis, thinkering on lot's of projects as well (converting 45km/hr limited 'senior cars', for lack of the propper terminology, to electric etc.). That's a good thing, means he knows what he is talking about in terms of motors, controllers, batteries etc.. since he is working with them himself. And I like that kind of entrepreneurship. He let me have a spin in one of the electric cars, handed me the car and said 'see you back in a bit' and went back inside, great kind of trust :)

I got the front wheel version as seemingly one of the only ones so far, so if anyone has questions that I can already answer, very happy to. I can't test the wheel yet as the battery didn't arrive yet (couldn't be air freighted, it will be sent to me later), but any kind of dimensional checks etc, no problem.

Concluding so far: nice to do business with Dennis, very friendly both on the phone and in person. Just a tad snappier on email replies and I'm all happy (my expectations, for the record, are replies within one business day, yes, this is the time critical internet-generation talking :) ). But the overall 'experience' is definitely positive! Based on experiences so far I can definitely recommend doing business with him.

Offline Jazzjerry

• Confirmed
  • Bachelor of Magic
  • Carpe Noctum
    • Beeldhout
« Reply #25 on: December 24, 2009, 09:57:04 PM »
24 Dec 2009

I also Picked up the Magic Pie this afternoon.
Everything seemed in order. Through miscommunication I only ordered a Magic Pie without the rest of the kit.
Dennis gave me the brake handles and twist throttle anyway. Good service.
Now I have gotten home and had some time figuring the wire diagrams out.

Some things just don't make sence to me. I got the 8 pin connector cord with the Magic Pie  and a baggy with loose connectors to connect to the rest of the components.

I have got

1- Break levers 2 wires
2- Pedelic sensor (with a connector that fits the 8 pin connector cord.
3- Shift throttle 6 wires. 3 of which I understand where to connect
4- Led Front light
5- Led Back light

Missing is the cruise control switch.

I will send Dennis an email to ask him to ship that as well. The batteries had not arrived which he is going to send me later anyway.

Anyway, I made a picture of my problems with the connectors and wireing that don't seem to make much sence.
Hopefully someone here can help me out. Maybe save my picture and fill in the missing links.

I call this THE COLOURFULL MAGIC PIE PUZZLE!   :D

Offline Gapy

• Confirmed
  • Magic Undergrad
« Reply #26 on: December 25, 2009, 09:53:03 AM »
I thought you can only order a complet kit of Magic Pie? Dont tell me I should have told dennis to deliver a whole kit - that is Magic Pie, throttles, brake levers and control switches!?
This things are included in kit on GM site!!
48V 20Ah LiFePo4

Offline Bikemad

• Global Moderator
  • Professor
  • PhD. Magic
« Reply #27 on: December 26, 2009, 02:11:44 AM »
Hopefully someone here can help me out. Maybe save my picture and fill in the missing links.

Jazzjerry,

The attached pictures should hopefully help.

Alan

Offline Jazzjerry

• Confirmed
  • Bachelor of Magic
  • Carpe Noctum
    • Beeldhout
« Reply #28 on: December 26, 2009, 04:22:28 PM »
26-12-2009

Hello Bikemad,

Thank you very much for helping out.
I see that you added the cruise control button as well.
I am waiting for that part still but am happy to see that I now have a complete wiring diagram.
This should get me sorted I think.

Here is some update photo's of my project.
Could not help myself today 2nd xmas day of to fiddle with my new pie and bike.

The start........ Fittet a new cranck since the old one was wobly.

Fittet the pedelic sensor. The black washers in between are there becouse otherwise the sensor would hit the gears. There is no room to fit the magnet disc. The magnet disc also did not fit the shaft of the cranck. I think I will glue 4 of the 5 magnets to the gearwheel eventually.

This is the space I have got left between the sensor and the gears. The gearwheel has 4 hex bolts and I think the magnets will fit the bolts hex holes perfectly. I hope 4 magnets will be sufficent since the magnet disc has 5.

Fitting the 6speed gears.

Fitted.

Next thing I did was fit the wheel. WOW its very much of centre. Did read about this in the forum already but did not think it would be this much. I don't think I will be able to fit a normal atb tire. Will have to look for something a lot narrower. I also read about someone respoking the wheel to counter the of center problem. How did this work. (any pictures?)

O.k. So here is an overview so far. Have not put the tire on the wheel since it is to wide and will rub the frame. Also I have not fitted the Disc brake disk yet since I did not receive any bolts and washers with them to do so. Have to pick some up next wheek.

Another overview.

Here I am fitting the controls. My normal gear shifter had to be re-positioned since the throttle took its space. Wil have to switch gears a bit more difficult now.

My girlfriend asked me if all the ebikes had this much wiring........ I said yes... not even all the wiring is there yet.  :o

Last but not least but enough for today...... I fitted my stand alone cycle analyst. I have read about some great xtra options and would like to use the speed limmiting function of the cycle analyst. I think however the voltage to the controller will go down when you use the speed limmiting function of the cycle analyst..........  ??? Will this cause the controller to get into safety low voltage cut out mode?  :-\

Just wondering.

Wouldlike to have this option since in the Netherlands You are only allowed to go 25 kph. Would be nice to be able to choose a lower speed when you see cops trying to catch up with you.....

;D  

Again thanks for the help with the colourfull pie puzzle.

Best regards Jeroen Compagne

www.beeldhout.nl
« Last Edit: December 26, 2009, 05:31:13 PM by Jazzjerry »

Offline GM Brazil

• Confirmed
  • Master of Magic
« Reply #29 on: December 26, 2009, 06:10:38 PM »
This off center is very strange.... Check this, from the GM web site:

Any one knows why, or if this is correct? Do we correct this with washers and nuts?