Author Topic: Performance chart, data sheet for Magic Pie?  (Read 15835 times)

Offline Little-Acorn

Performance chart, data sheet for Magic Pie?
« on: November 05, 2009, 01:19:08 AM »
Thank you for this fourm. It looks to be very useful!

On goldenmotor's website, I have found performance curves and data sheets for most of their motors. But I have not found such info for the new Magic Pie motor.

Does anyone know where I can find similar information for the Magic Pie, running at 24V, 36V, and 48V?

Thanks, all!

Offline Bikemad

• Global Moderator
  • Professor
  • PhD. Magic
Re: Performance chart, data sheet for Magic Pie?
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2009, 04:05:45 PM »

Performance Information now available here

Alan

« Last Edit: November 25, 2009, 01:37:00 PM by Bikemad »

Offline diverdon

• Confirmed
  • Bachelor of Magic
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2009, 02:18:46 AM »

Is the Magic Pie motor more powerful than the last model . Everywhere I look like the Canada store it shows the older motor for sale .

So ... Is the older 1000 watt motor any different than the new one other than the physical size??  .. mainly will the new Magic Pie be faster or have more torque than the old one ?

I'd like to have the Magic Pie but if there's no difference I won't wait for the stores to get them ..
               Thank You , Don J.

Offline diverdon

• Confirmed
  • Bachelor of Magic
« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2009, 02:26:58 AM »

Oops!! ??? .. I should have looked a little more before asking that question .. I now see where there are more magnets and "Poles" also a larger diameter motor ..

So I will be trying to get the Magic Pie Kit .. Wonder where the best (Easiest with least problems) place is to order from .    Guess I should read more before asking that question as I wil probabally find it  myself without bugging you ..

Thanks Again , Don J.

Offline Bikemad

• Global Moderator
  • Professor
  • PhD. Magic
« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2009, 05:17:36 PM »

Is the Magic Pie motor more powerful than the last model . Everywhere I look like the Canada store it shows the older motor for sale .

By the way, the new Magic Pie is really a good improvement in the Goldenmotor range of products.  It is fast, very quiet, and with torqe enough to take me an my bike (95+23kg {260lbs}) in a 10% uphill without pedalling.

I think that was with a LiFePO4 36v 15amp Battery.

Alan

« Last Edit: November 07, 2009, 05:29:57 PM by Bikemad »

Offline diverdon

• Confirmed
  • Bachelor of Magic
« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2009, 03:51:45 AM »

By the way, the new Magic Pie is really a good improvement in the Goldenmotor range of products.  It is fast, very quiet, and with torqe enough to take me an my bike (95+23kg {260lbs}) in a 10% uphill without pedalling.

I think that was with a LiFePO4 36v 15amp Battery.

Alan

Offline Bikemad

• Global Moderator
  • Professor
  • PhD. Magic
« Reply #6 on: November 15, 2009, 12:36:39 PM »
Everywhere I look like the Canada store it shows the older motor for sale.

You apparently didn't look everywhere, or you would also have found this on www.goldenmotor.ca:

Magic Pie Conversion Kit With Battery

Magic Pie Conversion Kit Without Battery

But I have to admit that it's not the easiest product to locate on the site.
Perhaps Gary (GM Canada) will put a more obvious link or a search option on the homepage to make it a bit easier to find. ;)

Alan

« Last Edit: November 15, 2009, 12:40:03 PM by Bikemad »

Offline ggielen

• Confirmed
« Reply #7 on: November 24, 2009, 08:21:15 AM »
The datasheets, performance curves and dimensional drawings are available on the goldenmotor website (since a few days now). Unfortunately the drawings only show the rear wheel motor, so if Yao is reading along, could you please add the front wheel drawing as well  ;)

Offline DSX

« Reply #8 on: November 24, 2009, 09:03:36 AM »
Hi - I am new to this forum and have noticed the performance data for the MP is now up on the website. Thanks Yao. However some of the MP data may be out by a factor of 10 (compared to the HBS 48) i.e amps, watts and Nm columns.

Cheers DSX

Offline ggielen

• Confirmed
« Reply #9 on: November 24, 2009, 08:59:33 PM »
It seems to me that amps and power (W) are correct.. it's a 25 A controller in there, so a max current of 23.45A seems correct, and the Magic Pie is a 1000W (class) motor, so the max output of 1122.09W seems correct as well.

I have less of a feel for the torque, but those numbers look reasonable as well..

Offline DSX

« Reply #10 on: November 25, 2009, 08:25:03 AM »
Er Ok ...my mistake - there are 3 pages of data.  I was looking at the first one only- DOH.