Author Topic: Magic Pie 20/10/2009  (Read 37934 times)

Offline Hyena

• Confirmed
  • E-bike maniac
    • Hyena Industries: performance ebikes
Re: Magic Pie 20/10/2009
« Reply #15 on: October 20, 2009, 12:34:59 AM »
Neptune, my motor was actually shipped a week ago, it was just a bit delayed getting here.
The purpose of me getting it early was to do an unbiased review for the rest of you here, and the ebike community at large. I'm not the only person to receive one early and if you have a look around other forums you'll see it's fairly common practise for manufacturers to supply their products for review and testing.

So Yao, today is the day ?

Offline GoldenMotor

• GoldenMotor
  • Emperor
  • PhD. Magic
  • Dark Templar
    • GoldenMotor Youtube
« Reply #16 on: October 20, 2009, 01:54:58 AM »
Dear All,

Today is the day!
Hyena, your reported speed limit might be wrong, please try it with our GM batteries in the near future. It should do 35KPH at 36V, 47KPH at 48V. I guess it's the battery problem. Those were High RPM Magic Pies you got.

Dear Neptune,

Jay has been in contact with me for a long time already, don't worry he's paying the same price you pay. Today is the day, we're going to extend the offer to 32hours due to GMT time lag and for a customer who's loved one is in cancer operation. May we wish him all the best in his operation.

Offline pdf

« Reply #17 on: October 20, 2009, 02:32:00 AM »
Dear All,

Today is the day!

Does anyone know how to actually purchase one of the Magic Pie conversion kits?  From the DIY page, the selections are not relevant to the MP. 

Offline GoldenMotor

• GoldenMotor
  • Emperor
  • PhD. Magic
  • Dark Templar
    • GoldenMotor Youtube
« Reply #18 on: October 20, 2009, 02:37:26 AM »
Soon, in a few hours time.

Offline trike20

• Confirmed
    • Geostar Systems
« Reply #19 on: October 20, 2009, 03:54:38 AM »
Looks like web site is back up and fixed for the Pie orders. Pie part was not working an hour ago.

Offline bcable

• Confirmed
« Reply #20 on: October 20, 2009, 12:09:07 PM »
I see the Magic Pie rear wheel package but no front wheel package which is what I want.

Offline Bikemad

• Global Moderator
  • Professor
  • PhD. Magic
« Reply #21 on: October 20, 2009, 12:16:28 PM »
Hi Bill,

I asked Yao the same question earlier today, it seems that only rear kits are currently available.

He says the Front wheel kits will be available at a later date.

Alan

Offline bcable

• Confirmed
« Reply #22 on: October 20, 2009, 12:39:54 PM »
I hope we will have a chance to buy the front wheel package for the $160 price when it is ready. I can not use the rear wheel Magic Pie on my bike and have been waiting for this release. I believe it was stated both would be available and for the same price. I understand that there are lots of details involved for this release and I can wait until the front wheel package is ready. For me the riding season is about over anyway.

Offline GoldenMotor

• GoldenMotor
  • Emperor
  • PhD. Magic
  • Dark Templar
    • GoldenMotor Youtube
« Reply #23 on: October 20, 2009, 03:37:55 PM »
Relax...
I am not a bad person.
There will be a 48hour 178USD Magic Pie front wheel soon, the moment they come out fresh and delicious from the oven. I will post updates on this. If you would like to be notified of this event, please request it and send me an e-mail yaoyuan@goldenmotor.com.

Also, I've seen the dull atmosphere in this forum and BikeMad's having time to sleep and laze around. I will soon post a link for Group Purchases and the GM Forum on the main website, then it will get noisy and all chitty chatty in here. Then BikeMad's going to have the time of his life. Also it solves the problem for group buyers and those who wish to get products at a lower shipping rate. Although the shipping has been reduced to 150 (It was a 11th hour miracle that we got to sign a deal with EMS), I still think the time will come where people would just buy from our dealers. I will ask (or force) the dealers to be active in this forum soon. More company for you guys.

Offline fherbold

« Reply #24 on: October 21, 2009, 01:55:04 AM »
I already own a golden motor kit and was looking forward to this release to buy a second one to get my wife involved.   The 150.00 shipping is pretty steep.   I'm not in a rush for it but there is no way to indicate sea or ground shipping.   Any idea how I could do that.

Offline GoldenMotor

• GoldenMotor
  • Emperor
  • PhD. Magic
  • Dark Templar
    • GoldenMotor Youtube
« Reply #25 on: October 21, 2009, 02:40:24 AM »
You would need to have a minimum 6pcs order to ship it by sea.
If you do have 6 pcs, or a group of 6 buyers, then send an e-mail to nickshen@goldenmotor.com for him to quote you a sea shipping rate. You can still get it at 160USD if you do this within 4 hours.

Offline fherbold

« Reply #26 on: October 21, 2009, 04:38:08 AM »
Thanks Yao - I guess I'll pass, to tough to get 6 together that quick, still think you have a phenomenal product though, keep at it

Offline GoldenMotor

• GoldenMotor
  • Emperor
  • PhD. Magic
  • Dark Templar
    • GoldenMotor Youtube
« Reply #27 on: October 21, 2009, 06:00:41 AM »
It's alright, there will be more events like this in the future. Next big event for us and dealers is Christmas. You might just find a nice dealer nearby and pick it up without paying for the shipping at all.

Offline discodave

• Confirmed
« Reply #28 on: October 21, 2009, 07:14:52 AM »
It was nice price, but shipping was bit too much with the lack of one hassle-free review  ::)

So, now waiting Santa Claus and new opportunities...

http://www.trueknowledge.com/q/how_long_is_it_until_christmas

Offline rubyan

• Confirmed
« Reply #29 on: October 21, 2009, 12:53:05 PM »
Hi Yuan

I owned and sold an HBS36F 20 inch and was very content with it. The speed it gets from a 36V ping pack is about 23kph, which is sufficient. We use it to power our cargobike:
note: this is a sample picture.

Since my wife will have another baby in three months she really enjoys the electric assistance, because these bikes are somewhat heavier to use.

Recently we sold the bike with the electic motor and bought a bigger cargobike without motor. I want to repeat the steps an know if it makes sense to buy the MP. Questions:
- will it have the same top speed and torque?
- are the brakes more sophisticated? The old electric brakes are all or nothing, so its a bit uncomfortable to use them.
- will you manufacture a 20 inch version of this MP like the HBS?
- I just returned from vacation so I couldnt be online on the 20th of october, do I still apply for the 160 dollar promotion price?

Regards,
Johan (the Netherlands)