Author Topic: Bug E  (Read 15351 times)

Offline OneEye

• Confirmed
  • Master of Magic
Re: Bug E
« Reply #15 on: August 30, 2007, 11:20:28 PM »
$12K was for the designers' previous model.  According to an article linked on his website, the business model failed as he couldn't secure enough start-up financing to go into large-scale production so that creature is no longer on offer. 

The new incarnation is this ~$5000 kit.  Apparently he has had decent success with selling kits for electro-racers and HPV stuff targeted at high-school competition type projects.  The BugE builds on that business model.  You don't have to source the electric drive parts for the vehicle from BugE, so that may be where a little cost savings kicked in to give friggerand's price claim.

I like the horse-pulled car picture.  Reminds me of the mule-drawn back end of a Nissan truck we would see when I was down in Honduras last year.  Unfortunately it was involved in a high-speed collision with a truck, so one of the Honduran AF guys helped put the mule down (with his M-16!).  That made for an interesting time.  Our installation liaison was trying to start up an unauthorized discharge investigation.  The Honduran general didn't see the point.

Offline myelectricbike

• PhD. Magic
    • How to Build an Electric Bike
Re: Bug E
« Reply #16 on: August 31, 2007, 01:23:19 AM »
Yeah, pullin that trigger on full auto when not in a combat situation somehow always seemed to get the higher-ups upset. I can imagine the situation now with the Iraqis.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2007, 03:53:32 AM by myelectricbike »