Author Topic: Low voltage protection  (Read 1911 times)

Offline MGS

• Confirmed
Low voltage protection
« on: March 18, 2021, 01:24:31 PM »
Hello guys,

I am currently working on electric snowmobile equipped with GM 10kW BLDC and VEC-500 controler. Power is sourced from 14x4,2V lithium batteries connected in series. Batteries are rated at 250Wh (60A = 1C). (Not enough, I figured...)

I set current draw from batteries at 180A (= 3C). Battery pack is still capable to give me this current, but I am facing big voltage decrease. When voltage hits bellow 38V, then protection is activated to save batteries from further damage.

Is possible to lower "Low voltage protection value" to, lets say, 35V? (= 2,5V per battery).
Controller software PI-800 won´t let me do it, but is there a way??

Thanks in advance! :)
MGS

Offline Bikemad

• Global Moderator
  • Professor
  • PhD. Magic
Re: Low voltage protection
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2021, 01:53:54 PM »
Hi andto the forum.

You might be able to set the low voltage protection to 35V by setting the Nominal battery voltage (V) to 36V if it will let you adjust the High voltage protection value (V) to 60V and High voltage protection exit value (V) to 59V to enable your fully charged battery to still be used at 58.8V.

Alternatively, you might be able to simply disable the Low voltage protection enable setting altogether, but this would obviously be dangerous for your battery's health. :(

Alan