Author Topic: Problem with the VEC200 controller  (Read 912 times)

Offline KP

• Confirmed
Problem with the VEC200 controller
« on: February 18, 2024, 04:54:02 PM »
Hello, I'm a student. I'm having a problem with the vector 200 control box. The status indicator blinks 6 times: Mosfet protection; Mosfet is abnormal. Can you help me? What is the cause and how can it be fixed?

thank you

KP

Offline Bikemad

• Global Moderator
  • Professor
  • PhD. Magic
Re: Problem with the VEC200 controller
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2024, 12:43:27 AM »
Hi KP andto the forum.

Please check out this post for further information regarding your 6 blink error code.

Alan

Offline KP

• Confirmed
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2024, 04:45:48 AM »
It happened after I lengthened the hall sensor wire and U V W wire. Does it have any effect?

Offline KP

• Confirmed
« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2024, 07:12:08 AM »
There are 2 sets of vector 200 controller and bldc motor 3kw. Both sets have 6 flashing warning lights: mosfet protection is the same, but both boxes will switch to Not at the same time
You have to turn the box on and off again and then it can be used again.

Offline Bikemad

• Global Moderator
  • Professor
  • PhD. Magic
« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2024, 11:41:23 AM »
It happened after I lengthened the hall sensor wire and U V W wire. Does it have any effect?

Hi KP, after reading this additional information, I now have a few questions for you:
  • Does the fault occur under light or heavy load?
  • By what length have the wires been extended?
  • Have you used the same gauge wires (or preferably a thicker gauge) to extend the Phase Wires and Hall/Temperature Sensor wires?
  • Have you ensured that decent soldered or crimped joins were made in the wires?
  • Are you sure that none of the wires have inadvertently been transposed during the modification?

These vector controllers are designed specifically to work with certain motors, therefore lengthening the motor's Phase Wires may well have changed the overall resistance and/or inductance of the motor's stator windings, causing an incompatibility problem between controller and motor, especially if thinner wires have been used or poor connections were made.

It would probably have been much better to mount the controllers closer to the motors and then extend the Battery cables and control harness wiring, as this would not have affected the overall resistance or inductance of the stator windings.

Alan

Offline KP

• Confirmed
« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2024, 12:11:29 PM »
1.Does the fault occur under light or heavy load?
- Occurs when opening the control box. The motor has not been driven yet.

2. what length have the wires been extended?
- 6 sq.mm for phase wire and 16 awg for hall wire.
Have you used the same gauge wires (or preferably a thicker gauge) to extend the Phase Wires and Hall/Temperature Sensor wires?
- Use a phase wire of size 6 sqmm. Connect it to the phase wire attached to the motor by fixing a nut through the wire terminal. by not solder it. As for the hall sensor wire, solder it on both sides between the control box and the motor.

4. Have you ensured that decent soldered or crimped joins were made in the wires?
Connect and solder according to the golden motor diagram. Because the box flashes 6 times, it only happens sometimes. Because it can still run the motor.

5. Are you sure that none of the wires have inadvertently been transposed during the modification?
- I'm sure none of the wires were moved.

Offline KP

• Confirmed
« Reply #6 on: February 19, 2024, 12:17:17 PM »
**So is there a recommended wiring standard? What size should I use for phase wire and hall wire?

Offline Bikemad

• Global Moderator
  • Professor
  • PhD. Magic
« Reply #7 on: February 26, 2024, 12:14:43 AM »
**So is there a recommended wiring standard? What size should I use for phase wire and hall wire?

The required gauge of the wires will depend upon several factors including:
  • The maximum current the wire has to carry.
  • The permitted voltage drop across the entire circuit.
  • The wire conductor material - copper or aluminium etc.
  • The total length of the wires in the circuit.

As the Hall Sensor wires only carry minimal current (milliamps) I would expect 16 awg to be more than adequate.

The VEC-200 controller has a maximum rated Phase current of 210 Amps, therefore I would have expected the Phase wires to be much thicker than 6mm2 (10 awg).

According to the table on this webpage, 200 Amps would require a cross section area of 70mm2 (2/0 awg) for a combined circuit length of up to 20 feet (6.1m).
However, as the Phase Wires are basically working as an AC circuit, and the rated Phase current is not a continuous current, I suspect that the wires may not need to be quite that large.

Unfortunately, as the wires you have used to extend the Phase wires are less than 10% of what appears to be the recommended cross sectional area, I suspect this (combined with the extended length of the Phase wires) may well be responsible for the 6 blink error you are experiencing.

Alan

Offline Ingridguerci94

« Reply #8 on: March 05, 2024, 10:30:22 AM »
Here are some steps you can take to troubleshoot and potentially fix the issue:

Check for Loose Connections: Ensure all connections related to the Mosfet are secure and properly seated. Loose connections can cause irregularities in the system's operation.

Inspect for Damage: Examine the Mosfet component for any physical damage such as burns, cracks, or signs of overheating. If there is visible damage, the Mosfet may need to be replaced.

Reset the Control Box: Try resetting the control box by powering it off, waiting for a few minutes, and then powering it back on.
Sometimes, this simple step can resolve minor issues. Restarting the machine is like relieving stress with adult sex films. It is a simple but very effective way.

Consult the Manual: Refer to the user manual or documentation provided with your Vector 200 control box for specific troubleshooting steps and error code interpretations. It may offer additional guidance on resolving the Mosfet protection error.

Contact Customer Support: If the issue persists or if you're unsure about performing any troubleshooting steps, it's best to contact the manufacturer's customer support or technical service team. They can provide expert assistance and further guidance on resolving the problem.

Keep in mind that working with electrical components can be dangerous, especially if you're not familiar with the equipment. If you're unsure about how to proceed or if the issue involves complex repairs, it's advisable to seek assistance from a qualified technician or professional.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2024, 02:13:07 AM by Ingridguerci94 »