Author Topic: Magic Pie Edge problem  (Read 1172 times)

Offline Brandnew

• Confirmed
Magic Pie Edge problem
« on: July 20, 2023, 01:45:28 PM »
I just completed installing my 20" wheel Magic Pie Edge with peddle assist and the motor is running backwards. The controller side of the motor is on the left side of the bike, I did not connect the blue wire for reverse, and all my connections are as shown on the videos. Before I take all my connections apart what can I check to be sure there is nothing else wrong that could cause this. Also using Bluetooth I changed the regenerative braking for closed to open and the reverse from open to close and it shows the download complete but when I check it is the same as before. Other setting changed took. Any help would be appreciated.

Offline Bikemad

• Global Moderator
  • Professor
  • PhD. Magic
Re: Magic Pie Edge problem
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2023, 12:12:12 AM »
You forgot to mention a very important piece of information, so we don't know whether it is a front or rear Magic Pie Edge.

The rear motors definitely should have the controller on the left hand side, but I think that the front MP Edge is probably meant to be installed with the controller on the right hand side just like the Smart Pies:

I suspect that yours is a front wheel, in which case, you will need to refit it correctly so that the brake disc mounting holes are on the left hand side and the controller is on the right, then it will rotate in the correct direction.

Alan

Offline Brandnew

• Confirmed
Re: Magic Pie Edge problem
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2023, 07:23:18 AM »
Thank you-that did solve my problem. The video I watched for my installed showed the way I installed but after your help I did find a video showing the correct way.