Author Topic: controller result!  (Read 5078 times)

Offline shakkan

• Confirmed
controller result!
« on: April 06, 2008, 06:18:21 PM »
i contacted Philip at goldenmotor on saturday morning telling him my controller was faulty(dead short across the +&-).he sent me a reply that it was probly a wire problem from the controller to motor and I should check it out.
i sent him a photo of the controller,on SUNDAY morning, connected up to a meter showing the short and the reply ,later in the day,  was that he will send a replacement out from monday.
ive heard a lot of negetive talk about response to emails to g/m.i dout if any major company would deal with me at the weekend let alone on sunday. im just hoping they have built my motor extra fast to keep the smile on my face a bit longer!result!
« Last Edit: April 07, 2008, 03:54:29 PM by shakkan »

Offline OneEye

• Confirmed
  • Master of Magic
Re: controller result!
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2008, 06:03:29 PM »
Great.  Hope it works out for you.

tptackab

« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2008, 11:23:09 PM »
Glad to here you got a response shakkan. What's your magic? I've been sending several emails per day regarding a defective motor Golden Motor sent to me (http://goldenmotor.com/SMF/index.php?topic=242.0). I've diagnosed the problem and even sent pictures of the VERY obvious manufacturing defect to Philip, and I've yet to hear back from anyone. I opened up PayPal and Amex disputes in the hopes that it might motivate someone to respond. Nothing!

These folks are either completely inept, corrupt, or a combination both. It's bad enough that a customer has to attempt to diagnose the problem with a product pulled directly out of the box, but couple that with no responses to regular emails and one just has to wonder if they are knowingly dumping factory rejects in the hope that some customers will just give up and go away.

If by some minor miracle I do get a replacement motor, I'm going to immediately auction the kit on ebay and buy a Crystalite (or anything else). I might spend more money, but something tells me I'll spend more time on my bike than on this forum griping about Golden Motor.  ;)

Tom

Offline shakkan

• Confirmed
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2008, 08:43:28 AM »
hi tom,so sorry to hear that g/m has not responded to you.not only did they get back to me the same day but philip sent me a new controller the next day.
i got it yesterday and rigged up my bike and boy does it fly,really fly.ive been useing a powabyke for 7 yrs and this is so much better.
i under stand your frustration at no comback from g/m as I thought id get the same treatment according to the posts on this site but I was proved wrong.when I contacted g/m I was ultra polite in my email, not screaming and shouting at them.
i think there quality control leaves a lot to be desired as my wheel is a bit egg shaped but I will relace to to another better quality rim.
bearing im mind I only paid £170/$320 for it including delivery,and I paid £750(granted it was a full bike,but its the motor that makes an ebike) for the very heavy powabyke that crawls along at 12 mph, im very happy with it.
if I have to change the rim,tyre,rewire the loom and anything else it will still be worth it in money spent out compared to uk prices for other ebikes/kits
i will be making one for my wife when I get a low slung frame bike for her.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2008, 08:52:04 AM by shakkan »

tptackab

« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2008, 11:27:55 PM »
Yes, my transaction got off to a rocky start from the beginning. I had to file a PayPal dispute right away because the shipping list had the wrong wheel size. It just went downhill from there, although I always stayed polite and business like. I've heard nothing for days now, so I shipped my kit back for replacement...we'll see what happens. ;-)

The prices are amazing, and except for the bad motor cover on my kit, the quality looked very good. It's a shame...with a bit more customer focus, at these prices they could have a huge market.

Have fun on your bike. Wish my wife would join me, but she avoids anything that requires a helmet and speeds faster than a slow run.  ;D