General Category > User Guides/Catalog

light and horn

(1/2) > >>

ElectricStreet:
I have a few questions about e-bike conversion kit systems. 

1.  The light button is on the thumb throttle and the horn button is on the multi-button control.  One is on the right and the other on the left side of the handlebar.  I received the light/horn as it came with a single connector.  How does one connect this to the two button switches? 
2.  The rear disc brake caliper must mount to the bike rear drop-out some how.  What is the most common procedure to accomplish this task?  Take it to a welder?
3.  To run the rear brake cable,  what must you do?  Are there  straps or guide posts for this purpose?   

I've been scratching my head till my hair falls out.

Bikemad:
1. The light/horn connector should connect to the four unterminated wires coming from the junction block on the main Control Harness:

One of my Magic Pie Harnesses was equipped with a three pin connector which was presumably meant to connect directly to a battery voltage headlamp/horn unit (which I don't have) with a matching three pin connector.
The Red Lighting feed wire is connected to one of the outer pins, the Yellow Horn feed wire is connected to the middle pin and the two Black and Blue Ground wires are both connected to the remaining outer pin.

2. If your existing frame does not have mountings for a disc brake caliper you may be able to use a bolt on adapter kit to mount the caliper to your frame.
I have not tried any of these kits and I'm not sure how suitable they would be for your particular frame or for use with a 14mm diameter wheel axle.
If you have a steel frame (or forks) and want to try and fabricate some steel mounts to weld/braze onto your frame/forks, then these drawings may help:

3. I would use either electrical insulation tape or nylon zip ties to secure the brake cable (or hydraulic pipe) to the frame.

Alan

ElectricStreet:
This is really good.  If I can make this bracket.  I assume the holes are to be threaded, of course and probably 0.125" thick and like brazen in place. I'm seeing an opportunity for something new and creative with a washer or two for good luck.   Randy says brakes are over rated.  Ha Ha.

The light/horn needs a mount on the stem tube or fork. 

with gratitude. Mark. 

Bikemad:
Mark, the holes in the frame bracket are not threaded, they are just clearance holes for the M6 bolts that pass through them and then thread into the caliper mounting piece:

Please note that you only need to fabricate the section shown in blue (not the entire bracket) and it may have to be shaped differently to fit your particular frame:

Here's an example of a different bracket shape:

The most important thing to get right is the distance between the two 6mm mounting holes and the distance of each of these holes relative to the centre of your axle.
Please note that the centre of your 14mm diameter axle is likely to be at least 2mm lower than the one shown in the dropout above for a standard 10mm axle (unless you have already filed 2mm into the dropouts)

Alan.

ElectricStreet:
Is the lower arm always horizontal.  I've been told there are adapter brackets available for frames without discs.  Any input on that avenue?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version