General Category > User Guides/Catalog

Two Batteries!!! How Do I Wire Them??? PLEEEEASE HELPPPP!!!!!!

(1/3) > >>

MagneticMotorE:
how do I wire two batteries together to become one large battery storage while running to motors off the same system?

do I wire them in "SERIES"? if so, how do I do that?

I have a (Dual Motor) Bike Kit on my Cruiser Bike (Click Link Below) "Must be signed in Facebook to View Page"

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.164117930358645.21631.100002813180250&type=3

there both wired to a terminal block allowing me to use both motors at the same time but i'm worried if I add another battery in series, it would be a problem...

PLEASSSSSSSSSSSSSSE HELPPPPPPPPPPPPPP!!!!!!!!

csm:
https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.164117930358645.21631.100002813180250&type=3

Nice ebike setup you have there. Would like to know more about what you have as front motor and controller for front wheel.. and how you are wiring it up with your Magic Pie in the rear. Is that a magic Pie 2 or 3?? Are you using the internal controller for the Magic Pier or are you bypassing to an external controller??

MagneticMotorE:
I'm using a 60 amp terminal block to conjoin both motors to one battery...

I'm able to use both throttles at the same time... Very Nice! LOL!

I Have The Magic 2 (External Controller)

I myself am trying to find out how to add another battery wired in "series" to the terminal block.

im choosing series so that the voltage stays the same instead of wiring in "parallel" which will double the voltage and fry the motors. LMFAO!!!

Bikemad:

--- Quote from: MagneticMotorE on May 13, 2012, 04:46:19 AM ---im choosing series so that the voltage stays the same instead of wiring in "parallel" which will double the voltage and fry the motors.

--- End quote ---

I think you meant parallel instead of series. ;)

The following diagram should help to clarify the difference between series and parallel configurations:

Wiring two identical batteries in series will double the voltage but will still have the same capacity (Ah).

Wiring two identical batteries in parallel will double the capacity (Ah) but will still have the same voltage.

You can connect identical voltage packs of different capacity in parallel, but only if they are the exact same voltage and chemistry. So it's not a good idea to put a 36V LiFePO4 pack in parallel with a 36V Li4Mn2 pack because their actual voltages will be slightly different.

Before you connect battery packs in parallel, you must make sure that they are both charged to the same voltage.

As your bike has different motors and separate throttles, it might be better to simply connect one battery to each motor.  This way, if one battery goes flat, the other one can still be used to get you home.

Alan

csm:

--- Quote from: MagneticMotorE on May 13, 2012, 04:46:19 AM ---I'm able to use both throttles at the same time.
--- End quote ---

your using two throttles? How do you have it configured on bike? one on each grip?? or ?? Post pics/video of your throttle configuration.

--- Quote from: MagneticMotorE on May 13, 2012, 04:46:19 AM ---I Have The Magic 2 (External Controller)
--- End quote ---

Which hub are you controlling with that? And what controller are you using to control the other hub?

--- Quote from: MagneticMotorE on May 13, 2012, 04:46:19 AM ---I myself am trying to find out how to add another battery wired in "series" to the terminal block.
im choosing series so that the voltage stays the same instead of wiring in "parallel" which will double the voltage and fry the motors.

--- End quote ---

Perhaps you mean in "parallel"?? Bikemad posted a good pic on the effects of wiring batteries in parallel compared to series.

BTW, I noticed you have a bunch of lights on your bike. Are you wiring them into your ebike battery pack? Or are you using batteries for each light (like AA and AAA batteries or??) ??

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version