General Category > User Guides/Catalog

HPM5000B wiring diagram for USA

(1/3) > >>

solardan:
I just purchased a 72vdc HPM5000B to be used on an experimental wind turbine of my own design.

I would like to know what your large wire color codes are.

They are Green, Yellow and Blue.

I also assume since I am using this motor as a power generator to charge my battery bank, I will not need the small wire connector for anything.

I need to know which wire is positive, negative and ground.  I assume Green is ground!

Please Help.

Thank you,
Dan

Bikemad:

--- Quote from: solardan on August 22, 2009, 04:43:31 PM ---I just purchased a 72vdc HPM5000B to be used on an experimental wind turbine of my own design.

I would like to know what your large wire color codes are.

They are Green, Yellow and Blue.

I also assume since I am using this motor as a power generator to charge my battery bank, I will not need the small wire connector for anything.

I need to know which wire is positive, negative and ground.  I assume Green is ground!

--- End quote ---

Dan,

Wiring details for this motor can be found here: HPM5000B

The Green, Yellow and Blue thick wires are the three phase main power wires.

If you're using it as a wind generator you will require six heavy duty diodes (or a suitable rectifier unit) to rectify the AC voltage produced:

You will probably require some form of voltage regulator to prevent any overcharging of your storage batteries, but you will have to do a bit of research on that.

Alan

rolf_w:

--- Quote from: Bikemad on August 22, 2009, 09:11:48 PM ---...Wiring details for this motor can be found here: HPM5000B
The Green, Yellow and Blue thick wires are the three phase main power wires...

--- End quote ---

(I assume) the motor is a permanent magnet brushless three phase in-runner motor/generator? the 3 thick wires yellow (A), blue (B) and green (C) are the phase wires to the Y-connected stator winding (star point not accessible). The 3 thin wires yellow (U), blue (V) and green (W) are the Hall sensor signals and red (+5V) and black (GND) are the power supply for the Hall sensors.

Bikemad:
Rolf,

Check out this post for more details.

Alan

Leslie:
YOu could place a low ESR cap on the output of those diodes to create good impedance to peak changes to the output voltages.

The low ESR caps are good at storing spikes down into the cap plates and resist high voltages by doing this,  They can still charge over the limit you want but they take their time getting there.

It wouldnt need to be a very high farad, just a high voltage, low ESR cap.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version