Author Topic: General wiring diagram for Magic Pie and External Cruize Controler  (Read 8856 times)

Offline Who42

• Confirmed
  • Bachelor of Magic
  • ELECTRIC BIKE NUT
    • PLUG IN CARS & BIKES
General wiring diagram  for Magic Pie and External Cruize Controler ;D
ELECTRIC BIKE NUT

Offline moopro

• Confirmed
Re: General wiring diagram for Magic Pie and External Cruize Controler
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2011, 12:09:06 PM »
Hi I have bought one of those , I got it today.  Iam wondring how should I connect the motor? should I) use the cables that comes from my internal (failed) controller?  or should I  connect it without the internal controller?

Offline MonkeyMagic

• Cheeky Chimp
  • Technical Officer
  • PhD. Magic
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2011, 01:20:48 PM »
Hi I have bought one of those , I got it today.  Iam wondring how should I connect the motor? should I) use the cables that comes from my internal (failed) controller?  or should I  connect it without the internal controller?

Hey moo man you will need to re-wire it with new cables.

You will need 3 thick ones for the phase wires, and 5 small wires for the hall sensors. It is not a very fun task but once you have it up and running you should feel a tad better :D

Make sure you file out the shaft nice and smooth with sandpaper/small file and put lubricant to feed your cables through.

Using the GM controller you can get away with cutting an outdoor AC extension cable for the phase wires, and 5 small wires cut from a network / telephone cable. You should have these lying around the house, plus sewing machine oil or vasaline for the lubricant (maybe something in your bedside drawer lol)

So you should have this up and running in a few hours now right?

:)

Offline moopro

• Confirmed
« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2011, 12:41:39 AM »
thank u that was very helpful , I did what u said and its rocking now ;) :D