Author Topic: Where is that monitoring software for VEC controllers?  (Read 4379 times)

Offline Rayhaque

• Confirmed
    • My Zap Urbee Sightseeing Thing Blog
Where is that monitoring software for VEC controllers?
« on: May 24, 2016, 09:13:03 PM »
I have a VEC300 and a 72v 5Kw motor. When I am rolling down the street, my motor is "cutting out". There is a weird electrical jerk and I lose power. If I let off the acceleration and hit the pedal again, I can get moving again. But sometimes it will happen over and over again and I need to come to a complete stop. Then ... perhaps I get away just fine. Or I don't move at all. And then if I put my foot out of the door and gently push forward while stepping on the throttle, I *might* zoom away.

What the heck is causing this?? It's maddening. I initially thought my wiring was getting wet. So I meticulously filled all my electrical connections with dialectic grease, and sealed them with liquid tape. This did not help.

I am at a loss as to whether this is a bad hall sensor ... or a bad throttle? Where is that monitoring software so I can see what sort of errors that the controller is pulling?

I tried contacting David ... but he is not responding. :-(

Offline Rayhaque

• Confirmed
    • My Zap Urbee Sightseeing Thing Blog
Re: Where is that monitoring software for VEC controllers?
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2016, 11:55:42 AM »
For what it's worth, the online chat for Golden Motor is very helpful. I always assume that those are some sort of contractors or sales department, but they answered many of my questions so they have to be real employees.

I asked about the monitoring software and confirmed that *there is none*. There is a mistake on that VEC Controller Guide that needs to be corrected. It states that the "Operating status can be monitored in real-time", but that is not true. This only applies to the smaller controllers for bicycles.

The online chat rep referred me to "Andy", who I just emailed. Hopefully Andy has some ideas for me. :-)