Author Topic: MagicPie and ProKit User Guide -- Your comments & feedback please!  (Read 18836 times)

Offline GoldenMotor

• GoldenMotor
  • Emperor
  • PhD. Magic
  • Dark Templar
    • GoldenMotor Youtube
We have finally made our Bike Conversion Kit User Guides. We appreciate your comments and feedbacks before we make thousands print copies.

MagicPie Kit User Guide:
http://www.goldenmotor.com/e-Bike-DIY/MPguide.pdf

ProKit 901/902 User Guide:
http://www.goldenmotor.com/e-Bike-DIY/901-902-Guide.pdf

Offline Bikemad

• Global Moderator
  • Professor
  • PhD. Magic
Re: comments & feedback
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2010, 02:49:47 AM »
Here are a few suggestions for the Magic Pie installation manual:

Showing the battery lead connecting to a single cell is a little bit misleading.

The wiring diagram for the Magic Pie is not quite correct, the throttle signal wire goes to the centre pin of the throttle connector on mine and the diagram is missing several wires, see the modified diagram attached below.

In A4 format the installation details will be much too small to read easily, A3 would be better.

Battery rack support stays are not mentioned on the rack fitting section.

"Go nuts with your bike" is probably not the best advice to give, "Go and enjoy your bike, but ride carefully" might be more suitable. ;)

No details of any of the Magic Pie controller functions are mentioned. (Pedelec, cruise, failure modes etc.)

How much longer do we have to make further suggestions?

Alan

Offline GM Brazil

• Confirmed
  • Master of Magic
Re: MagicPie and ProKit User Guide -- Your comments & feedback please!
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2010, 05:10:50 AM »
Need more details about the washers position!

Offline GoldenMotor

• GoldenMotor
  • Emperor
  • PhD. Magic
  • Dark Templar
    • GoldenMotor Youtube
« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2010, 03:53:50 AM »
We will send "MagicPie User Guide" for printing in two weeks time, so your suggestions are much appreciated.

Offline Leslie

• Confirmed
  • PhD. Magic
« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2010, 06:51:49 AM »
We will send "MagicPie User Guide" for printing in two weeks time, so your suggestions are much appreciated.

Maybe check this thread I am working on,  something you may see that will be worth putting in the guide..

http://goldenmotor.com/SMF/index.php?topic=2303.0

Bring it on

Offline Kamilion

• Confirmed
  • PC Wizard
    • SLLabs
« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2010, 02:22:51 AM »
Short Circuiting or Reverse Polaritizing may cause permanant damage!
should be
Reverse Polarity or Short Circuiting may cause permanant damage!

Makes more sense to swap the two so you don't have to incorrectly suffix polarity.

In instruction #2, "properly" fits in better than "perfectly".

In instruction #10, "your done now" should be "you're done now".

That's all the glaring stuff I've noticed so far. I don't mind a little engrish here and there, but the polaritizing was a little too blatant ;)

Perhaps you should consider a double-sided page; with the full wiring layout on the back.
Make sure you're working in CMYK already, convert RGB assets *before* inserting as layers; our printershop always complains to me (the sysadmin) when my coworkers submit RGB for large-format jobs.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2010, 02:32:03 AM by Kamilion »
"As living spies we must recruit men who are intelligent but appear
to be stupid; who seem to be dull but are strong in heart; men who are
agile, vigorous, hardy, and brave; well-versed in lowly matters and able
to endure hunger, cold, filth, and humiliation." - Tu Mu (803-825), The Art of War

Offline Awalskey

• Confirmed
« Reply #6 on: August 09, 2011, 01:16:34 AM »
Where is the installation guide for a Magic Pie 2 rear hub motor with an external controller.  I had to install my kit by trial and error.  The first obstacle was to figure out how to switch the freewheel onto the new hub.  There was also no instructions on how to install the hardware Golden Motor sent and in what order it has to be installed on each side of the wheel. The next challenge was to connect up the much more complicated external controller.  A proper diagram would have been very helpful.  While the tags were some help a diagram would have been a more than welcome addition.  After hooking up my controller I discovered that the horn button didn't work.  Finally discovered that the connections to the two buttons were reversed so that the Red button rather than the Green button activated the horn.  Also on my first trip of about 10 miles four of the spokes broke. >:( :'(

Offline Bikemad

• Global Moderator
  • Professor
  • PhD. Magic
« Reply #7 on: August 09, 2011, 02:28:42 PM »
Hi Awalskey andto the forum.

As far as I'm aware, there is no specific manual for the external Magic Pies, but the pdf version of the current eBike User Manual should cover most things relating to fitting a Magic Pie equipped with external controller.

Gary (GM Canada) has posted pictures and information relating to the External Magic Pie II Installation which should cover the majority of your questions, but if you need further help or assistance, there are plenty of forum members who are able to offer help and advice.

Alan

« Last Edit: July 02, 2017, 03:06:20 PM by Bikemad »

Offline Lexo4632

• Confirmed
« Reply #8 on: August 02, 2019, 05:10:39 PM »
looking for a proper guide for the Magic Pie V5 Vector. GM has zero info that I can find. Unless I am wrong. I found a Simple Wiring Diagram Pinout for Motor Harness/Cable Harness with NO color Codes..... ANYONE??????