Author Topic: Throttle Extension Cable For 20 HP EZ-X20 Electric Outboard Motor  (Read 933 times)

Offline Lvflyer20

• Confirmed
Hello - I need a Throttle Extension Cable For My 20 HP EZ-X20 Electric Outboard Motor to connect the motor to the Golden Motor Power Inboard/Outboard Joystick Throttle.

Please tell me how I can get one as soon as possible because there is no part number to order one

Thank you

Offline Bikemad

• Global Moderator
  • Professor
  • PhD. Magic
Re: Throttle Extension Cable For 20 HP EZ-X20 Electric Outboard Motor
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2023, 11:47:33 PM »
Hi andto the forum.

Please note that this forum is rarely monitored or visited by Golden Motor Staff (or their dealers) therefore if a throttle extension cables is not listed for your outboard motor you will need to contact either your supplying dealer or Golden Motor direct in China (sales@goldenmotor.com) to check for availability and cost etc..

If an extension lead is not readily available (and the connector on the Inboard/Outboard Joystick Throttle is the same as the original hand throttle) you could just extend the existing cable by splicing in a length of 8 core network cable (or other suitable multi-core cable)
If you count the number of pins on the connector you can tell how many wires are needed. If it's a 7 pin connector, you will need at least 7 core cable.

I recommend that you extend the wiring nearer to the throttle end of the cable so that the soldered joints will only experience minimal cable movement, instead of the joints being constantly flexed at the motor end of the cable.
Also, stagger the length of the individual wires where the cables are joined (instead of all wires being cut to the same length) to reduce the chance of the soldered joints chaffing against each other, similar to the diagram below which was intended for extending a Magic Pie control harness:

Alan