Author Topic: VEC300 monitoring via bluetooth/uart/canbus  (Read 3008 times)

Offline Tommcg

• Confirmed
VEC300 monitoring via bluetooth/uart/canbus
« on: January 05, 2019, 10:05:00 PM »
Recently purchased 5KW motor and VEC300. 

I can use PI-800 with USB cable from computer and view/change VEC300 controller parameters.

The description page for the VEC300 (https://www.goldenmotor.com/controllers/GoldenMotor%20FOC%20Motor%20Controller%20Guide.pdf) specifically states on page 5:

UART communication UART interface: parameter configuration and working state monitoring
CAN communication CAN interface: parameter configuration and working state monitoring
Bluetooth communication Bluetooth wireless interface: parameter configuration and working state monitoring

I want to know how to get realtime info from controller, such as RPM, temperature, etc.

I can't find any documentation for how to utilize UART, CAN, or Bluetooth for this controller, and the only software I can find is the PI-800 program that just allows changing parameters.

I've tried the bluetooth android app and it doesn't seem to connect to anything.  I don't see any bluetooth devices when VEC300 is powered on.  I've seen mention of "bluetooth dongle" for Magic Pie controllers, but nothing for vector controller.  Do I need a dongle to get android app to see the VEC300?

I would prefer hardwire UART/USB connection to get realtime info from controller, and I'm happy to write some software, but I can't find any spec or example, or even any software that queries/displays realtime controller info so I can snoop the UART traffic.

The spec sheet clearly advertises "working state monitoring".  What software or spec is available to achieve this?  Otherwise it is false advertising.

Thanks.