Author Topic: uncontrolled controller  (Read 5687 times)

Offline Correotexas

• Confirmed
uncontrolled controller
« on: October 16, 2016, 06:29:13 PM »
good afternoon, almost two years using the Magic Pie 4 working beautifully but suddenly yesterday on the road the engine was at full speed and the throttle was not working and the brakes not cut off the engine stopped. Disconnect the battery switch and plugging again it no longer worked nothing and doing tests in the only way that you can activate the motor is disconnecting the plug throttle connecting the battery and the battery being connected to plug the throttle cable and then untouched nothing is returned to the engine at full speed.
My impression is that the controller is corrupted. ¿what you think? thanks for your help

Juan Carlos from Spain

Offline Bikemad

• Global Moderator
  • Professor
  • PhD. Magic
Re: uncontrolled controller
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2016, 12:23:49 AM »
As the motor continually runs at full speed and operating the brake switches does not stop the motor, I think you may have either a faulty ground wire or poor connection somewhere on the motor harness or main control harness.

I think you will find that the motor will stop running as soon as you unplug the throttle connector.

Check the connectors to see if any of the pins have been bent over, or are dirty and not making a good connection.

If you can't see anything obvious with the connectors, carefully inspect the cable coming from the controller to see if it has been worn through by rubbing against the centre of the cooling fan/disc mount (or against the tyre etc.).

Alan

Offline Correotexas

• Confirmed
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2016, 07:17:05 PM »
Good afternoon,
After reviewing all connections have to replace the controller and is working again but with half power and speed. My battery  48 volt  now is only 23 klm / h.
Any suggestions to increase the speed and power?
Thanks again for your help!!!

Offline Bikemad

• Global Moderator
  • Professor
  • PhD. Magic
« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2016, 10:53:46 PM »
Do you have a USB programming cable and software to check the settings in the controller?

For maximum speed and power, the Main Battery current (A) should be set to 30 Amps, Rated Phase Value (A) set to 70 and the Maximum Forward Speed (rpm) set to 380 rpm.

Alan

« Last Edit: July 02, 2017, 09:27:42 PM by Bikemad »

Offline Correotexas

• Confirmed
« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2016, 05:16:23 PM »
parameters

Offline Correotexas

• Confirmed
« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2016, 05:19:32 PM »
Alan thanks for your quick response
I have reviewed the parameters as you tell me but when pedaling the engine does not go uniform it gives accelerations and after a few seconds it stabilizes at a speed of 23 klm / h on a flat surface.
Attached photos parameters, old cotroller and new controller
Thank you

Offline Correotexas

• Confirmed
« Reply #6 on: November 09, 2016, 05:23:26 PM »
old controller

Offline Correotexas

• Confirmed
« Reply #7 on: November 09, 2016, 05:25:36 PM »
new controller

Offline Bikemad

• Global Moderator
  • Professor
  • PhD. Magic
« Reply #8 on: November 10, 2016, 12:22:40 AM »
I have reviewed the parameters as you tell me but when pedaling the engine does not go uniform it gives accelerations and after a few seconds it stabilizes at a speed of 23 klm / h on a flat surface.

Are you using the pedelec sensor or a throttle to control the motor?

Do both of the brakes cut the power like they are supposed to?

If you are using the pedelec sensor, try increasing value of the PAS Ratio (0.1 Times) parameter and see if it makes any difference.

I am also wondering whether the replacement controller has the correct firmware for the MP4/5, as the same controller is also used for the Smart Pies 4 & 5, Magic Pie Edge and Magic Pies 4 & 5.

Try loading the default settings and see what the Main Battery Current (A) resets to (It should be 18A for a Smart Pie, 21A for a Magic Pie Edge, and 25A for the Magic Pie 4 & 5).

If yours does not reset to 25A by default, then the controller's firmware is probably incorrect and may need to be reflashed with the correct MP5 firmware.

Alan

Offline Correotexas

• Confirmed
« Reply #9 on: November 10, 2016, 07:23:52 PM »
Hi Alan!

- I use the pedelec sensor
- Yes, both of the brakes cut the power like they are supposed to
- The cruise control work fine.
- loading the default settings is 25A then the firmware is ok.
- increasing value of the PAS Ratio (0.1 Times) parameter to 100 is big power again and speed 40 klm/h!!!!

Offline Correotexas

• Confirmed
« Reply #10 on: November 10, 2016, 07:39:01 PM »
when the  value of the PAS Ratio (0.1 Times) parameter is default 30 whith the display power 1,2, and 3 is not power, 4 and 5 yes.
increasing value of the PAS Ratio (0.1 Times) parameter to 60  1 not power 2,3,4 and 5 yes.
increasing value of the PAS Ratio (0.1 Times) parameter  to 100 power 1,2,3,4 and 5 work fine

Alan, thanks for your help and patience

Offline Bikemad

• Global Moderator
  • Professor
  • PhD. Magic
« Reply #11 on: November 10, 2016, 10:30:08 PM »

It's good to hear that your new controller is working properly with just a simple adjustment.

Alan

« Last Edit: July 02, 2017, 06:40:39 PM by Bikemad »

Offline Largo

• Confirmed
« Reply #12 on: August 08, 2017, 12:43:30 AM »
Ah thank you very much you may have just given  me a clue as to what is going on with my PAS system.  I will have to grab the laptop and fiddle with that setting.  I have been getting no pass assist at all but haven't tried level 5, just one and two.  Brilliant, thank you very much for the help.  Largo