Author Topic: Black Magic controller  (Read 3955 times)

Offline Tbnrider

• Confirmed
Black Magic controller
« on: November 12, 2017, 05:12:44 PM »
What programmable controller is supplied with the Black Magic motor and conversion kit?

Where can I find a drawing, dimensions and wiring diagram for this controller?

tbnrider

Offline Bikemad

• Global Moderator
  • Professor
  • PhD. Magic
Re: Black Magic controller
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2017, 09:34:16 PM »
Hi Roy,

The controller that used to be supplied with the Black Magic motor was typically the external Magic Cruise controller:

The wiring diagram and dimensions for the above controller can be found in this PDF document.

I don't know whether the horn shown above is included in the kit or whether it is an optional extra.
I recommend that you ask your supplier about the supplied controller (and the horn) just in case the Black Magic kits are now supplied with a different controller.  ;)

Alan

« Last Edit: November 12, 2017, 09:37:28 PM by Bikemad »

Offline Tbnrider

• Confirmed
Re: Black Magic controller
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2017, 12:02:30 AM »
Thanks very much Alan
The BAC-028X controller pictured was supplied with a Pro 902 conversion kit currently installed on my recumbent bike.  I am now upgrading to a Black Magic kit and was wondering if the controller was going to be different.  Apparently the controller to be supplied is set up to different power settings and now bears a different part number but the packaging and wiring is identical, which was my main concern about the mounting configuration on the bike.  But it looks like I can use my existing mounting for the Black Magic system.
Thanks again....Roy