Author Topic: New pricing?  (Read 7770 times)

Offline flat6valk

New pricing?
« on: July 25, 2007, 02:47:32 PM »
Greetings. I'm about to become a new owner of a 26 inch front hub kit. I ordered it a couple of weeks ago and am waiting for delivery to Canada. I noticed today that the price of the kit has jumped from US$175 to US$265, is there a change in the delivered kit (i.e. more goodies)? Luckily I got it for US$175.

Offline flat6valk

Re: New pricing?
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2007, 03:07:00 PM »
Ah, I just read the details and now the price includes shipping charges.

One question regarding batteries. I got a good deal on 12v SLA 7.2ah batteries. Can I simply double up the batteries to get the equivalent of 14.4ah out of them (two packs of 3 batteries in series) ?

Has anybody else ordered from Canada? What was your delivery time?

Offline erdurbin

• Confirmed
  • Magic Undergrad
    • not so Common sense
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2007, 04:04:33 PM »
Yes you can, wire 3 12v batteries in series and then wire the two packs in parallel. = 36v and 14.4ah
It will be pretty heavy though.
I get about 1 mile per ah on the terrain I ride. So with this setup, motor only (no motor downhill, slight pedal uphill to help) you should get about 14 miles. Probably even more if you pedal most of the time

Offline myelectricbike

• PhD. Magic
    • How to Build an Electric Bike
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2007, 07:41:40 PM »
Watch out for SLA battery deals! Be sure they come with at least a six month replacement free of charge warranty. Standard is one year.

Offline myelectricbike

• PhD. Magic
« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2007, 02:14:41 AM »
A bit off topic but my electric company recently stopped sending out bills with a link to the customer login page and replaced it with a link to the home page where there was a link to a pay your bill page with only options as to selecting your method of payment, one of which charged and extra $5.

Unless you had an overage or you were not set up on regular payment everything was okay. If you had an overage there was no longer a way to view your bill - only to pay it without viewing it first so most people sent an email and held off paying until they could view there bill.

Next thing they would see would be a final notice with only five days to pay. By the time they got a reply or found a link to the login page so they could view the bill first the five days had expired and guess what? They now owed the electric company another $35 to turn their electricity back on.

The State Utility Rate Commission finally had a look at their records and saw how much money they were making from turn on fees and are in the process of making them pay every cent back. Many companies seem to acquire a "virus" in the form of a particular culture that specializes in looking for opportunities to make money on the probability of statistical error and then do something to radically increase the probability as in this case that the bill would not be paid within the allocated time limit.

« Last Edit: July 28, 2007, 02:17:39 AM by myelectricbike »

Offline flat6valk

« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2007, 03:18:55 AM »
The kit arrived today, took about 2 weeks to arrive direct from Golden Motor. The total cost was about 240 CDN including shipping, and it came to my door with no money due for customs via DHL.

Packing was great, no damage visible. Put it all together, whoops, my aftermarket shock forks were too narrow, so back on went the original forks. Then I fired it up, and had a jerky type motion with a lot of low grinding noise. Read a similar post here, and looked at the connectors. Found a loose thick yellow wire with a female spade connector on it, and a connector set with 3 terminals in one side and 2 in the other. Hmmm. Slid the spade connecotr into the plastic terminal and it fired up perfect.

I have the cricket like chirp described elsewhere but other than that it runs perfect. Very fast, compared to another store bought e-bike we have.

Now, the only problem I have is with the charger. When plugged in it shows the gree LED all of the time. I tested the output voltage of the charger and it is only .25 volts. I tested the charger of the other e-bike (the charger looks strangely the same but with a different connector) it shows 41 volts.

Is there a known problem with the chargers? Will GM replace this one?

Thanks for your help.

Offline myelectricbike

• PhD. Magic
« Reply #6 on: July 28, 2007, 07:04:47 AM »
A common issue is to plug in the line voltage prior to connecting the battery. A loose battery connector has the same effect. Sometimes a relay will stick open or shut even if you follow the right sequence so newer chargers have gone to mosfets. If the green light is on when the charger is not connected then the charger has to be unplugged and disconnected and then reconnected to the battery first and then plugged into the wall.

If everything short of opening it fails TAOS recommends that you send it back to them rather than attempt to fix it yourself since this will void the warranty. You can have it replaced either through the Taos warranty or through Golden. 
« Last Edit: July 28, 2007, 07:06:37 AM by myelectricbike »

Offline flat6valk

« Reply #7 on: July 28, 2007, 11:15:02 AM »
I've been using the procedure of connecting to the battery first and then plugging in the charger to the mains. Still no dice, green light stays on all of the time. When I plug in the charger from the other e-bike the lights go both red, so it's most likely not the battery setup. I did open the case to take a reading from the connections on the board in the hopes that it was a broken cab le, but no such luck. I may go shopping for a charger at my local surplus store today.

The battery power meter has a strange mounting method, it has a very small diameter plastic band clamp, the only place to mount it is the handlebar stem, but it is much too small for that. A dab of hot glue fixed that.

Took it out early this morning, it still didn't get a full charge, but I could hit 32 - 34 kph. I'm impressed. On hills it slowed to about 24 kph. I ride a Honda Valkyrie motorcycle (1520cc) with proper gear, and on this hub motor I'm approaching speeds downhill that make me think a bicycle helmet is not enough ;-)

All in all a nice kit. I'm going to add the torque arms and then mount the power brake levers (have to get some new brake cables as the ones on the bike have custom ends on them) later today and then tidy things up.

Offline GM Canada

• Super Gary
  • Confirmed
  • PhD. Magic
« Reply #8 on: November 22, 2009, 01:38:35 PM »

Has anybody else ordered from Canada? What was your delivery time?

Hello flat6valk,

Sorry for the long winded answer below it was unintentional, but I’m trying to explain all possibilities as thoroughly and honestly as possible.

I just noticed your question about delivery time in Canada. The answer all depends on what is in stock. In stock Items can be delivered in zero to seven days in Canada. I say zero because I have had customers order during the day and since there location is so close to me I call them up and deliver in person that evening. I try to ship in stock items the day they are ordered. Sometimes it is too late and I ship the next day, but it has never taken me more then 24 hours to ship an in stock item.

Out of stock items do take longer as they are drop shipped directly from the factory in China. These orders take the same time as if you had ordered from China. I have seen as little as 9 days and as long as 23 days. Usually any order drop shipped from China takes on average 9 days to be delivered to your door in Canada from the day it is shipped.  Where the delay comes in is, I have seen it take up to 14 days before the product was shipped from the time it was ordered. This delay is unusual but does happen. I assume these delays are due to shipping volume and them even being out of stock on some items. This delay before shipping frustrates me as much as my customers as I am trying to provide prompt and efficient service here in Canada.

Even my sea orders from China get delayed due to shipping volume and out of stock items. My current sea shipment took over a month to be shipped as I included a lot of Magic Pies in this order and they had to ship pies to all the customers from launch day first before they could get enough built for my order.

My goal is obvious. I want to be able to ship everything from my base in Canada and avoid these shipping delays. When I started I had zero percent of items in stock. I have built my inventory now to have about 75 percent of the most commonly ordered items in stock, My next sea Shipment will bring me up to about 95 percent of item in stock and hopefully my next sea shipment after that will give me 100 percent stock in all Golden Motor EBike Products.

Gary

Canada is Going Green at www.GoldenMotor.CA
« Last Edit: November 25, 2009, 03:10:20 PM by GM Canada »

Offline diverdon

• Confirmed
  • Bachelor of Magic
« Reply #9 on: November 25, 2009, 02:23:17 AM »
Greetings. I'm about to become a new owner of a 26 inch front hub kit. I ordered it a couple of weeks ago and am waiting for delivery to Canada. I noticed today that the price of the kit has jumped from US$175 to US$265, is there a change in the delivered kit (i.e. more goodies)? Luckily I got it for US$175.

Hello , I went on the Canada Site and am glad that I can buy from wayyyyy closer than China ..

Not that I think there is going to be any problems as these Magic Pies have been thru the testing already but just in case it's good to have the dealer closer ..

My question ??? Is about the shipping .. Is the cost of it still in the price posted on the website as I cannot find anywhere else where shipping costs are listed .. Thanks for the help here . Don J.

Offline GM Canada

• Super Gary
  • Confirmed
  • PhD. Magic
« Reply #10 on: November 29, 2009, 11:13:18 AM »
      Hello , I went on the Canada Site and am glad that I can buy from wayyyyy closer than China ..

Not that I think there is going to be any problems as these Magic Pies have been thru the testing already but just in case it's good to have the dealer closer ..

My question ??? Is about the shipping .. Is the cost of it still in the price posted on the website as I cannot find anywhere else where shipping costs are listed .. Thanks for the help here . Don J.

Hi DJ,

I believe you are in Florida and we talked on the phone late one night  ;)

I get Email everyday from people around the world and alot from the USA asking me what the shipping is to their location. I usually just state that I am in Canada, my region is Canada and I don't want to step on anyones toes. There are dealers in the USA, but I have checked there sites and they don't seem to be carrying the Magic Pie. Actually it seems there sites never get updated, but maybe thats just me. I have written to GM asking what I should do in these cases and I get no response from them about it. So I would suggest If your still after a Magic Pie, order it directly from GM China before the 20% Black Friday sale is over. I just checked and its still on as of 6am Sunday, So my "Talking Turkey" is still up as well! I would love to send you one, but I don't want to hurt anyones feelings or damage my relationship with GM China.

Gary

Offline MasterCATZ

• Confirmed
« Reply #11 on: April 24, 2010, 07:52:22 AM »
what is the best way to order something for shipping to Australia .. as we do not seem to have any listed distributors and shipping price on this site  is pretty high

Offline Leslie

• Confirmed
  • PhD. Magic
« Reply #12 on: April 24, 2010, 02:36:11 PM »
Go here.

http://goldenmotor.com/e-Bike-DIY/DIY-ebikekit.php

Scroll down to the DIY online shop form.

Chose your desired part/s.

Then see there is a drop down menu. Country/Region: Chose your location.

Select Australia.

The wholesale price with delivery is acceptable IMO.. Best if you got a dealer though.  I think our GM OZ guy went into doing electric cars.

Not everything is on that thing but it gives you an idea.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2010, 02:43:26 PM by 317537 »

Bring it on