Author Topic: The PC doesn't detect any connectable USB cable  (Read 2544 times)

Offline P3L3green

• Confirmed
The PC doesn't detect any connectable USB cable
« on: March 04, 2020, 01:39:09 PM »
Hello everybody,

My name is P3L3green. First of all, sorry if my english it´s not very good  :-\  . And I hope that this way to comunicate with the foro was the correct.
I need support with a problem conection of my controller with the laptop, I have read other issues related with that. But any of them has resolve it my problem. Can anyone help me?

Thank you

Offline Bikemad

• Global Moderator
  • Professor
  • PhD. Magic
Re: The PC doesn't detect any connectable USB cable
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2020, 08:13:50 PM »
Hi P3L3green andto the forum.

A little bit more information would be very helpful:
  • Which controller do you have?
  • Do you have the correct USB cable? (How many pins on the connector?)
  • Which version of the GM software are you using?
  • Which version of Windows are you using?

Alan

Offline P3L3green

• Confirmed
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2020, 12:45:31 PM »

Well, my controller it's a VEC300. About the USB cable, I attach an image of them. Anyway, I believe It has 6 pins connectors but the cable only has 4(red,green,yellow and black).

I'm using GOLDENMOTOR-LBMC GUI v3.3.0b150501 (PI-800.exe) also I installed the usb driver (CH341SER.EXE)
It's a Windows 10 version (64bits). I have seen that I need to activate the comunication port in my control panel as one video I watched on Youtube in the last days but when I connect the controller it doesn´t happen anything.

Finally, when I conected the usb cable with my laptop I saw that it was a little bit hot. I don't know if it could be a problem with my cable or the comunication usb port because it doesn't appear anything in the port list.

Offline P3L3green

• Confirmed
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2020, 12:53:22 PM »
Here is another photo of the controller

Offline Bikemad

• Global Moderator
  • Professor
  • PhD. Magic
« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2020, 10:57:11 PM »
That does seem to be the correct programming cable for the VEC controllers, although it is slightly different to the PI-400/VEC cable shown on the GM website:

According to the screenshot you attached, the USB cable has been correctly detected as USB-SERIAL CH340 (COM5) at the bottom of the list:

Is this a screenshot of your PC hardware, or was this taken from the YouTube video that you watched?

The USB connector on the cable should not get hot (mine does not draw any measurable current from the USB port) so it may well be a short circuit on the circuit board inside the USB connector, in which case, I suggest that you contact your supplier and explain the problem to them.

Quickly try plugging it into the laptop while it is disconnected from the controller, as the PC should still recognise the Programming cable if it is working correctly.
However, if it starts to get hot, unplug it immediately.   :o

If the USB connector only gets hot when the controller is connected to the other end of the cable, perhaps the USB programming cable is wired incorrectly, or there could be a fault within the controller itself.  :-\

Alan

Offline P3L3green

• Confirmed
« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2020, 08:40:08 AM »
It would be possible to solve this problem using the cable PI-400/VEC . I didn't want to buy a new cable but if I don't have any other option...  :-\

On the left side it was taken from the YouTube video, on the right side it was taken from my computer.

"If the USB connector only gets hot when the controller is connected to the other end of the cable, perhaps the USB programming cable is wired incorrectly, or there could be a fault within the controller itself"  I Will check the next day

P3L3green