Author Topic: Some new motors??  (Read 6600 times)

Offline MonkeyMagic

• Cheeky Chimp
  • Technical Officer
  • PhD. Magic
Some new motors??
« on: March 06, 2011, 09:41:36 AM »

Can see some chain drive builds coming out of these....

Super G - Have you any prices?

:D

Offline rollin76

• Confirmed
  • Magic Undergrad
Re: Some new motors??
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2011, 12:33:40 PM »
Hi magic I e mail Gary about these motors and he said that if there is no info or price it is not avalible yet.I then asked when it would be and have not heard back.I have been looking around for this kind of motor for mid drive so I can run it through bike gears.Freewheel on crank.Curious about price.Wonder if it will work with magic controller?

Offline MonkeyMagic

• Cheeky Chimp
  • Technical Officer
  • PhD. Magic
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2011, 01:03:46 PM »
Yup they'll be workin with the magic controller ;) they are BLDC :D

Not sure of the build quality, and the type is pretty common. They look like enamelled Unite motors
cn-dcmotors.com but have better dimensions.

Seemingly, you could use the 500W model for a mid-drive, any bigger and you will need to change the crank axle width as the motors become quite large.

I have a Unite BM1318 which looks similar to the middle GM one in the picture. It is a behemoth of a thing and I would not be thinking about using it for a mid-drive... It also weighs 6.5Kg and that is only a tad less than a complete hub motor wheel assembly...

If you have a tricycle then awesome!! That's what they are intended for anyway :D

Maybe if I was a few decades older I would build a quad-drive tri-cycle with 3 x MP's (cast of course) and one of those chunkers connected to the rear axle for some sideways action on the way to bingo

hehe

Offline GM Canada

• Super Gary
  • Confirmed
  • PhD. Magic
« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2011, 04:30:21 PM »
Hi magic I e mail Gary about these motors and he said that if there is no info or price it is not avalible yet.I then asked when it would be and have not heard back.I have been looking around for this kind of motor for mid drive so I can run it through bike gears.Freewheel on crank.Curious about price.Wonder if it will work with magic controller?

I have sent a request for information on these motors and am awaiting the result.

Gary

Offline GM Canada

• Super Gary
  • Confirmed
  • PhD. Magic
« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2011, 02:39:20 AM »
And the result is... They are still in development and not available until may.

Sorry! At least we now know they are coming.

Gary

Offline MonkeyMagic

• Cheeky Chimp
  • Technical Officer
  • PhD. Magic
« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2011, 05:44:30 AM »
Haha thats a classic

I'm tipping $109, $139, $179 or at least all of them under $200 for those

Offline Bikemad

• Global Moderator
  • Professor
  • PhD. Magic
Re: New motor prices
« Reply #6 on: March 12, 2011, 01:54:03 PM »
I'm tipping $109, $139, $179 or at least all of them under $200 for those

These are the figures that came up when I tried adding them to the shopping cart:

BLT-500 48V 500W: $78 + $72  Postage & Packing
BLT-650 48V 650W: $82 + $75  Postage & Packing
BLT-800 48V 800W: $95 + $110 Postage & Packing

Alan

Offline MonkeyMagic

• Cheeky Chimp
  • Technical Officer
  • PhD. Magic
« Reply #7 on: March 12, 2011, 05:16:19 PM »
These are the figures that came up when I tried adding them to the shopping cart:
Alan

Lol that link was just put there :D  thanks for the heads up !!

Offline GM Canada

• Super Gary
  • Confirmed
  • PhD. Magic
« Reply #8 on: March 12, 2011, 06:23:25 PM »
Alan

Lol that link was just put there :D  thanks for the heads up !!

Funny they tell me on March 8 2010, not available until May. Then 4 days later they are available. I added then to my site as well.

Gary

Offline rollin76

• Confirmed
  • Magic Undergrad
« Reply #9 on: March 12, 2011, 07:27:12 PM »
Sweet looks like I will be doing mid drive sooner than I thought.Will it work with magic controller?Now if only gm made a freewheeling crank kit.Hint Hint.I have a few questions before I buy blt 650.It says 1000 rpm @48v.  1  Sorry if this is a stupid question but does that mean that max rpm at 48 v will be 1000rpm?Cant be 1000 kv... that would be 48000rpm.  2  Can this motor run in both directions?  I plan to mount motor in front of crank on down tube driving on left side to crank.On crank instead of a freewheel I want to put bearing with flange on crank on left side to mount 2 sprockets 52 t an 34t so 2 sprockets spin freely on crank.Now I need a 3 speed sprocket freewheel for left side of back wheel. Any ideas on what would be the best 3 ratios for back?
« Last Edit: March 14, 2011, 05:06:33 PM by rollin76 »