General Category > Reviews

Smart Pie Vector

<< < (3/3)

Ron:
I would like to know how all the weight of  the lead acid batteries effects the handling of the bike?  I built a box that fits in the bike triangle to house my 44v 15AH lipo pack.  The pack weighs in at almost 5kgs.  It sure would have been easier to throw them on a rear rack but I had read that the bike would handle better with the battery weight further forward.  I must admit I don't notice any adverse handling from having the battery packs in the middle of the bike.

Hastings:
I have a total built weight of 9 kg to the rear including metal box. I can ride but have low pressure on the front wheel as well as numerous breakages of the support rack in ALU. I used Stainless an spot welds that cracked over time . giving the bike a slithering movement on cornering that was preferable to when it was fixed... For my next built (delayed by divorce...) I am planning on a split battery inside the  frame triangle

Ron:
Hi Hastings, Thanks for the feedback.  Sounds like putting the batteries forward and as low as possible is the answer then.

@Thuktun, hope you got your battery charging straightened out.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version