General Category > Reviews

New Magic Pie is going to land!

(1/9) > >>

GM Brazil:
Hello!

I did the payment using paypal. Just waiting for the first of many ;). As soon as I receive it I'll post a review. I will try to include every step, even unboxing. Now I need to order the watt meter to have more details about the performance.

I'm a Aerospace Engineer, so I'll try to go deep on the analysis :D

Happy new year magic people!

Harvey_Mushman:
Happy magic new year to you too, GM Brazil!  Looking forward to your review.

My advice:

You may need to secure -or make-- a 3.7mm spoke wrench to 'tune' your wheel.  Mine just showed up ~3/8" off-center :P

GM Brazil:
Yes... I hope they send it already correctly centered. But I was checking my brother's in law bike and the bike itself is "off center"... I'm on vacation and I could not check my own. GM could use the 16" Pie motor and use that to bikes, adding the holes for the spokes. This could make it easier to correct the centering as it is wider that the original pie.

GoldenMotor:
Dear Harvey,

The magic Pie MUST be off centered in order for you to enjoy both the sprocket and disc brake in a 135mm width.

Leslie:

--- Quote from: Harvey_Mushman on January 01, 2010, 05:51:49 AM ---Happy magic new year to you too, GM Brazil!  Looking forward to your review.

My advice:

You may need to secure -or make-- a 3.7mm spoke wrench to 'tune' your wheel.  Mine just showed up ~3/8" off-center :P

--- End quote ---

This is less than 1cm in metric.  Which can bring the tire close to the rear forks. Spreading a steel frame by 3/16" each side and some washers to equal 3/8" on the inside to the close side of the drop outs should centre the wheel fine.

Ive read that some Ebikers have spread steel frame drop outs by a much larger degree than 3/8".  Even though a steel frame can be a little heavier its reported to be a much smoother ride.

Aluminium may be able to be spread a little but its not advised.

You could probably do this on a steel frame with a piece of 4"X2" wood lever between the motor case and rear forks  to spread the dropout enough to slip the washers in between the close side and its drop out.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version