General Category > Reviews

Review : 1000 Watts on a Trek Hybrid

(1/4) > >>

diverdon:
      ;D Everything went Perfect  ;D

Ordered the Kit and it came from China to my door in 1"ONE" week ..

Got the wheel on and everything done I could in 1 afternoon taking it easy and enjoying the work . As I enjoy piddleing around with things .. The parts look to be all good Quality and it was easy to install .. The Axel on the wheel was tight in the Dropouts . That is good , it was a little struggle to get it in but now its done and really tight and strong ...

Had to wait for payday to go for the batteries .. Went to a commercial outlet I had friends at from my auto mechanic days .. They knew what I needed and hooked me up with a good deal .. Got home around 2 PM and fooled around with the bike and other chores .. Everything went perfect again .. I have 48 volts and when I went to test run it .. Holy Cow !!!  :o... Some power

OK Bottom line , Took it for a short test ride as I don't have a proper way to carry the batteries yet and it was dark outside ...

EVERYTHING !! Works fine,  cruise control is way cool , Regen brakes are amazing . I don't think I even used the brake shoes at all .. :)

Never even opened it up all the way either as it is dark and all . But I am now considering wether to get the 36 or 48 volt battery from Golden Motors now that I see how good it goes ..

I am going to get some steel baskets tomorrow for the batteries... $29 at the local bike shop for the Wald 570 model ones . (I think  it's the 570)..

I also have the "Watts Up" meter from my RC Airplane Hobby . I will use it to see whats going on with this setup ..

I am 110 percent happy with the whole deal from the fast delivery to the quality parts to the fun ride and the help I have gotten from Golden Motors with my questions too ..

Anyone has any questions I wiil happily try to help.. I am no expert at all thou ..  I would really recommend this product all day long ..

OK sorry this is so long I just can't get over this . Expected something to go wrong .. Can't wait to get the baskets on and go for a real ride . I will get back with that when it happens for the long distance "watts up" meter review .

THANK YOU , Golden Motors , Don Johnson    

Leslie:

--- Quote from: diverdon on December 15, 2009, 12:26:18 AM ---

;D Everything went Perfect  ;D

They knew what I needed and hooked me up with a good deal .. Got home around 2 PM and fooled around with the bike and other chores .. Everything went perfect again .. I have 48 volts and when I went to test run it .. Holy Cow !!!  :o... Some power

THANK YOU , Golden Motors , Don Johnson    

--- End quote ---

Very good to hear, mind if I ask you what batteries you got in the end?

Leslie:
It may not be proper but this has proved reliable for me.

I used old bike and car inner tubes.   Used rubber bits to pad the frame and a hood from a car tube, then laid the bike down positioned the batteries to where I felt the balance was right.  I tied those suckers to the frame with rubber until they wouldn't budge with a half cross tie and 3 black plastic pull ties to hold the ends of each diy strap from slipping.  They wont slip.  

I added more of these before I was happy

Those are old pics of the 36v setup.

Even carpet underlay makes for good padding

It seems to be cheap and reliable to the point it has never failed me.

I used some octopus straps as a preliminary method to help guide the batteries as I tied them up.

Then I found an ugly retro cover for them. That was from some cats perched home that we never used.  It seemed to fit over the packs perfectly and all that made an excellent seat to double a friend.

This is where I manage to cargo 4X12v 24ah SLA's, 29kgs of lead on the frame.

Bikemad:
I can only apologise to the poster of the post that I just removed by mistake!
I somehow managed to clicked the on the wrong "Remove" button and wiped out a legitimate post instead of the spam one below it.
I'm assuming it was this thread because of the mentioned photos.
It's a shame there isn't an undo button for the remove action, because I really want to use it.

I'm really sorry and I'll do my best not to let it happen again!  ::)

Alan

Leslie:

--- Quote from: Bikemad on December 15, 2009, 12:22:45 PM ---I can only apologise to the poster of the post that I just removed by mistake!
I somehow managed to clicked the on the wrong "Remove" button and wiped out a legitimate post instead of the spam one below it.
I'm assuming it was this thread because of the mentioned photos.
It's a shame there isn't an undo button for the remove action, because I really want to use it.

I'm really sorry and I'll do my best not to let it happen again!  ::)

Alan

--- End quote ---

http://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?mod=907

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version