Author Topic: Anyone have a clue what this motor is maybe one of you knows !  (Read 19068 times)

Offline Thaialien

• Confirmed
  • Magic Undergrad
 interesting
« Last Edit: November 14, 2011, 01:11:58 PM by Thaialien »
Try to put a smile on the face of others it cost nothing ...by what you say !

Offline e-lmer

• Technical Officer
  • Master of Magic
    • My page
Re: Anyone have a clue what this motor is maybe one of you knows !
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2011, 08:04:36 PM »
It clearly says 48V250W on it, so you have at least that
much info.

If there are more pics you would get more info.

Offline MonkeyMagic

• Cheeky Chimp
  • Technical Officer
  • PhD. Magic
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2011, 12:42:13 PM »
Sorry but that thing is a piece of junk !
I was very close to reporting this post as spam lol

IMO - This type of discussion is best posted as a topic in ES, no place for it here. Umm hello?? This is a Golden Motor forum get with the programme ;)

Offline MonkeyMagic

• Cheeky Chimp
  • Technical Officer
  • PhD. Magic
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2011, 02:41:28 PM »
Ahh see now the topic has been moved accordingly :)

And whoah apologies if I upset you there Alien! IMO = "in my opinion" that shouldn't count for much :D

Offline Bikemad

• Global Moderator
  • Professor
  • PhD. Magic
« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2011, 05:16:18 PM »
Here's a hubmotor that I found with a quick Google search, that appears to be very similar to yours:

Company Name:Yongkang Success Permanent Magnetic Motor Manufactory
Contact person:Ms. Susan Wu
Address:No. 16, Xinxin Road, Huanggang Industrial Zone, Yongkang City, Jinhua, Zhejiang, China
Mobile phone:86-579-87114545
Telephone:86-579-87114545
Web Site:www.yksx.cn

I suspect your motor was probably manufactured by the above company, but I'll let you contact them direct if you want to try and confirm it.

Alan

P.S. I'd be very surprised if it could actually climb a 40 degree slope!

Offline Who42

• Confirmed
  • Bachelor of Magic
  • ELECTRIC BIKE NUT
    • PLUG IN CARS & BIKES
« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2011, 11:51:09 PM »
That looks like a Hi Power BLDC Hub Motor :(
Hi Power always spoke there wheels straight out from the hub like yours and this one of mine :o
The Hi Power BLDC Hub Motor is well made but the rest of the kit is rubbish :'(
With a Golden motor Cruise Controller and 48v LiIon battery the Hi Power BLDC Hub Motor seemed more powerful than a 901 Golden Motor BLDC Hub Motor  ::) It certainly looked neater inside  :o
« Last Edit: September 05, 2011, 12:07:06 AM by Who42 »
ELECTRIC BIKE NUT

Offline Who42

• Confirmed
  • Bachelor of Magic
  • ELECTRIC BIKE NUT
    • PLUG IN CARS & BIKES
« Reply #6 on: September 05, 2011, 01:57:14 PM »
Neater inside !....do you have any pic's ? would like to compare ! YES
Well I wonder 901 48v 1000w is surpossed to top 37 Amps correct or not ? 20amps at 50v =1000w
Cruise controller .V1 = 18.9 amps and V2 = 16.6 amps .continuos .What is the MAX AMPS INPUT
Around 800w was the Max I ever got from a 48v Golden Motor battery and Cruise Controller :'(
If you really want a powerful controller try the KELLY CONTROLLER 2.2kw but you will need a battery capable of at least 40amps continuos ???
« Last Edit: September 05, 2011, 02:34:35 PM by Who42 »
ELECTRIC BIKE NUT

Offline Who42

• Confirmed
  • Bachelor of Magic
  • ELECTRIC BIKE NUT
    • PLUG IN CARS & BIKES
« Reply #7 on: September 06, 2011, 07:20:04 AM »
KEB48220,24V-48V,100A,2.2KW,
E-bike Brushless Controller

Price: $139.00

Link: http://Kellycontroller.com/keb4822024v-48v100a22kw-bike-brushless-controller-p-58.html

By the way your switch bypass shunt what amps did or does it go up to ? about 30Amps but it gets way to hot :'( if you realy want a powerfull controlller see link :o
ELECTRIC BIKE NUT

Offline Who42

• Confirmed
  • Bachelor of Magic
  • ELECTRIC BIKE NUT
    • PLUG IN CARS & BIKES
« Reply #8 on: September 06, 2011, 06:12:53 PM »
The GM cruise controller is  a good controller for most people it will deliver around 750 to 850w 1hp at 50v
with a 901 or MagicPie hub motor its a good compromise between battery life , power , safety and range :o

The 901 or MagicPie hub motor is capable of more power but you need to upgrade the battery to a least 30amps and controller to 2.2kw with heat sink accordingly ,  use a strong bike frame with pref with disk brakes and a torque arm to stop the axial turning and never do this to the front wheel only rear wheel drive conversion is suitable or death may result LOL

I would not go any further than 2.2kw any more and long term reliability of the 901 or MagicPie hub motors
will defiantly be compromised  ::) This will come a a cost ,Weight , Safety , Range and Money but you should get a true 45 to 55 km/h bike np  ??? After that get a Harly LOL
« Last Edit: September 06, 2011, 06:45:38 PM by Who42 »
ELECTRIC BIKE NUT

Offline MonkeyMagic

• Cheeky Chimp
  • Technical Officer
  • PhD. Magic
« Reply #9 on: September 07, 2011, 09:08:18 AM »
That is an excellent suggestion and advice there Who42 !

Cheers

Offline GM Canada

• Super Gary
  • Confirmed
  • PhD. Magic
« Reply #10 on: September 13, 2011, 02:16:01 AM »

So GM magic controller is really only suitable for maybe geared hub motors  and maybe just MW12 B and motor with not more than (max 16.6 Amps ) if you want motor to perform well and keep smiling !.....look for something else (is this GM marketing plan !)

Not sure I aggree with that, I use my pie everyday to go back and forth to work. It maxes out at 40 kph, pulls me and my trailor up hill ten miles to work and ten miles back (13 if I take the scenic route) No issues at all.

Actually I am very impressed with the recent shipment of external magic controllers I received. They pull 23 to 24 amps at take off or 1150 to 1180 watts. Plenty of power for me (and most other riders). I use my Cycle Analyst to keep it within the local legal limits and really there is no need for extreme speed or power.

Now of course if you looking for extreme offroad power or speed then the external magic controller may not suit you. But at the price its a good controller for the money and the average user would really never need anything else.  

Gary
« Last Edit: September 13, 2011, 03:00:44 PM by GM Canada »

Offline GM Canada

• Super Gary
  • Confirmed
  • PhD. Magic
« Reply #11 on: September 15, 2011, 03:20:03 AM »
Hi Gary and all
You measure the amps with cycle analist Y/N ? have you checked that against a digital clamp on true RMS  ?
(like Kelly use )

I use 1.4 aluminium M/c's Rims and No. 9 spokes and 70/70 16's tires (don't like puctures)
they fit in Bicycle frame 
last month purchased 3 magic cruise controllers and two PRO 901's 1000w and 3 MW12 B's could not get more than 17 amps on 901's or controllers (can't wait to get 35 amps 48v  out of it ) check RPM both the same ! +/- 0.5 % but doing test on MW12 B same batt same controller 575 / 675/731  RPM  (48v)(got any idea's about this ) lead  lenghts 5 foot 3 foot and 15 inches (un touched as delivered )(opical tacometer triple checked )

Whilst at dealer he told me he had trouble with Magic Pie (int) he said he tested it worked OK then it stopped ! I opened it up for him S.E. asain style alen key. and two old spokes ! well what did I find a free bee !3 cm of blue hall wire extra which was between stator and rotor (magic how it got there)

Magic Pie it only has the small magnets in and slim stator and could easy take 30mm magnets and 30 mm stator and winding change to about 650 rpm  and would be near 2 kw 48v or 750w 24v on external controller and an impler (slim)for cooling (internal) on one side  and double entry wiring (now that would be MAGIC )

W

Hi thaialien

Are you saying the Cycle Analyst is inacurate. I really doubt that. On My internal pies I get 790 watts max and on my external pies I get 1180 max. Or almost 24 amps, depending on if you have it displaying in watts or amps. At one point I did find the internal and external pies had the same power. But my most recent build is with my most recent shipment of external controllers and with my new MP2 external I peak at almost 1200 and flaten out around 980 once it gets going. Seems like no one is believing me these days. Looks like it time for a new video :)

Gary

Offline GM Canada

• Super Gary
  • Confirmed
  • PhD. Magic
« Reply #12 on: September 16, 2011, 01:37:27 AM »
The Cycle Analyst I distribute and use for myself are the Large Screen Stand Alone Cycle Analyst. They are the only ones you can easily use with the Golden Motor Controllers as they don't have a CA plug. They come precalibrated. Here is the description from The Manufacturer.

Stand Alone Model: Stand Alone Model (CA-SA): The stand-alone Cycle Analyst comes pre-calibrated to a molded shunt resistor capable of handling 45 amps continuous and up to 100 amps peak. It is designed to be compatible with virtually all types of Personal Electric Vehicles (PEVs). A pair of pigtail leads on either side of the shunt simply connect between the vehicle's battery pack and motor controller. Speed is detected via a spoke magnet and sensor cable.

Today I did a very low quality video. I posted it in a different thread as Im jumping way off topic here.

http://goldenmotor.com/SMF/index.php?topic=3776.msg21935#msg21935

Gary

Offline Bikemad

• Global Moderator
  • Professor
  • PhD. Magic
Re: Cycle Analyst Accuracy
« Reply #13 on: September 16, 2011, 02:58:40 PM »
You belive what the Mfg says !

John, I can see no reason why anyone would want to doubt what Justin Lemire-Elmore (ebikes.ca) says, in my opinion he is a very genuine and honest guy, and I would even go so far as to say his technical understanding and electronics expertise, along with his in depth product testing, research work and selfless dedication to the ebike industry, have made him one of only a few people who have actually gained my utmost respect!

Current Accuracy:   Temperature coefficient and accuracy depend on the shunt and calibration.
With the pre-calibrated Stand-Alone model, it is within 2% +- 0.04A.

The Cycle Analyst does an excellent job of measuring power consumption etc., and I'm sure its 2% +- 0.04A accuracy is perfectly adequate for most users.  I don't suppose Justin would consider it cost effective to produce a one off special edition unit using exorbitantly priced high precision components, which could then be finely calibrated it to suit your exact requirements. ::)

Alan

Offline MonkeyMagic

• Cheeky Chimp
  • Technical Officer
  • PhD. Magic
« Reply #14 on: September 17, 2011, 05:42:39 AM »
Hi Gary and all
So you are saying you never checked it ........
You belive what the Mfg says !
If thats the case you would never need to buy a Cycle Analist !
Because we could just belive what they all say with no contradiction !
so your speed measurement is using that too...
is that more acurate than GPS ?
You a more than likely angry now  (sorry if you are )
I had that same mind set until I bought GM products ( so I bought more test  equipment  to put my mind 100% )

John L

Power consumption, speed and acceleration all obviously have to do with rider weight, bike weight, hardware, wiring and wind....

So unless the same person owns exact models of the same bike builds to compare, then of course there would be conflicting measurements! True?

I'm 100% with Gary's measurements, and so many people using CA it would be unjust to think everyone is wrong... Also its a device specifically designed for EV use - The creators would surely have conducted vigorous testing a long time before they even released it on the market.

I cheaped out with a Turnigy thats fine for me, I should seriously buy a CA though for all the extra features!

:D