Author Topic: Some years passed, any development in price on lithium cells?  (Read 1264 times)

Offline Marsbar

• Confirmed
  • Magic Undergrad
Some years passed, any development in price on lithium cells?
« on: August 31, 2021, 06:10:38 AM »
I just programmed my Magic  Pie 2 down to 15A 48V. Reason is to get under the radar of the local police, get some more exercise and ride more safely downhill, as I set the max speed to 30km/h. Roads are pretty useless anyhow with potholes. My pedaling now in the highest gear should convince the local police of my fit body. I am in no hurry anyhow.

Unfortunately, the battery I used got smashed breaking of some connections. Have tried to recover the battery using fresh cells, but BMS made some smoke at some point.

Any recommendation for a budget 48V battery pack on e-bay? There are so many types, and no official quality control of what u get.
A trusted supplier?

It's been 10 years since my first e-bike and I cannot see a revolution in price, well I think it has stayed the same so versus inflation it's became cheaper. Lead Acid has increased 30-40% in price in 10 years at my local store. But I never used led acid for long, as the slightest bump would shatter my spokes.

By best battery pack so far is one with cells in an "aluminum" flat pad stacked on top of each other. Bought that many years ago, still refusing to give up.

If u know of a good budget supplier let me know