Author Topic: controller specs  (Read 7430 times)

29a

controller specs
« on: June 24, 2007, 01:47:48 AM »
I know some one here must know the controller specs plz share !

Edit "Since the controller limits amperage to around 20 quote from myelectric"

What is max voltage controller can take ?

I know that if you want to run 48V you have to rewire power leads to motor does anyone have any other mods ?

The motor doesn't have the diagonal offset stator to reduce cogging.
Is this only a factor when starting from a stop or is it noticable allways when engageing motor even when moving ?

Does anyone have pics of the insides of motor or controller ? plz post

Any mosfet numbers would be a real help
« Last Edit: June 25, 2007, 09:38:25 AM by 29a »

Offline myelectricbike

• PhD. Magic
    • How to Build an Electric Bike
Re: controller specs
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2007, 05:59:41 PM »
The new regen controller has a built in power lead phase detector that checks all possible combinations under user control. However, the circuits are propietary. The 48 volt mod I did is sweet - almost up to the power of a .47cc although top speed is still limited by a maximum RPM due to circuit design constraints that translates to about 22 MPH with 26" rims. Since Federal regulations limit top speed to 20 MPH and power to 750 watts at 960 Watts with even 24" rims you have to keep it off the street.

Offline johnbear

• Confirmed
Re: controller specs 48v??
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2007, 03:39:57 PM »
How did you mod the controller to 48v?

Offline OneEye

• Confirmed
  • Master of Magic
« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2007, 04:38:36 PM »
pdonahue and MEB discuss the 48V mod in this thread: http://goldenmotor.com/SMF/index.php?topic=42.0

It primarily involves 2 things: changing the low voltage cutoff to an appropriate value for your battery setup, and protecting the voltage regulators providing power to the electronics.  pdonahue used a diode to provide a slight voltage drop prior to the first regulator.

pdonahue reports great results with his mod.  MEB had a bizarre overcurrent in the phase wires to the motor which melted and shorted a few times.  I haven't heard corroboration of either experience, so it's hard to say which is the anomaly.  Someone was running at 42V with no troubles reported.

Offline johnbear

• Confirmed
« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2007, 04:22:57 AM »
Using a watts up and 3 different controllers - the amps ranged from 31 to 40 amps max (all 3 are different) so they pull up to about 1400 watts. I find the motor has good torque. It is a good kit for the money, but you definitely have to replace the factory rim.