Author Topic: VEC200 Parameters - Low Voltage exit Value and others ...  (Read 3270 times)

Offline Lucfer1501

• Confirmed
VEC200 Parameters - Low Voltage exit Value and others ...
« on: February 22, 2019, 04:44:49 PM »
Hi, It's me Lucas, again.

I am part of a team in my university building an Eletrical Outboard for a Solar Boat competition. I will make a post later on about the project and results.

I have tested my setup (HPM3000B and VEC200), and it's working just fine. The HPM3000B works fine under no load.

I am currently trying to make parameters as correct as possible for the controller.

My question for now is about the Low Voltage Protection Exit value.

As I have understood from all the other posts, these "exit values" are the values from which the controller exits the protection function.
For example: If I have set 70 V for the High Voltage Protection Value and 60 V for the High Voltage Protection Exit Value, the controller will exit the High Voltage Protection Function when the voltage drops to 60V or bellow, correct?

Now here is the problem. If I set the Low Voltage Protection to a certain number, then the Low Voltage Protection Exit Value should be another number above it, correct? Example:

Low Voltage Protection Exit Value: 42V
Low Voltage protection Exit Value: 44V

Problem is for the VEC200 I cannot program the Low Voltage Exit Value to a number higher than 4V, which makes no sense. When I connect the controller to my PC and click for the Default Values from the software I get the values in this Image:

And If I try to change the Low Voltage Protection Exit Value to a number higher than 4 I receive the following error:

I am just trying to understant why. It seems the logic behing this parameter is different, I don't know.

Here is another post where the user has the same 2V for his parameter:

https://goldenmotor.com/SMF/index.php?topic=6164.msg34401#msg34401

Here is a post where the parameter set by the user makes more sense:

https://goldenmotor.com/SMF/index.php?topic=6085

I am using the 3.3.0.b150501 version of the software PI-800.exe.

Thank You

Offline Bikemad

• Global Moderator
  • Professor
  • PhD. Magic
Re: VEC200 Parameters - Low Voltage exit Value and others ...
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2019, 12:16:33 PM »
Hi Lucas,

Something must be wrong with either the software or the firmware, as that definitely seems very odd. That Low voltage protection exit value seems to be way out, unless it is a "relative" voltage not an "actual" voltage (i.e. 4V above the Low voltage protection value instead of 4V).

I would be inclined to enable the Clear undervoltage state while throttle off parameter which should have a similar effect on reenabling the controller, as the battery voltage will typically increase as the load on the motor is reduced.

Alan

Offline Lucfer1501

• Confirmed
Re: VEC200 Parameters - Low Voltage exit Value and others ...
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2019, 08:22:51 PM »
Thnak you Alan. I will test this ideas and come back with the results.