Author Topic: SEB 350L Review and advise for newbee  (Read 4984 times)

Offline nopetrol

• Confirmed
SEB 350L Review and advise for newbee
« on: January 03, 2013, 02:35:18 AM »
Hi All,

I have just ordered an ebike sport SEB 350L bike.  I will receive it (hopefully) in 30 days or so..... but what advice can anybody give to do to the bike upon arrival in Sydney  ....ie replace nuts, check a,b,c  etc..    Any help will be appreciate. 

Also, I cannot find many review on this bike...has anybody got any helpful feedback.

Thanks

Nick

Offline sentienc3

• Confirmed
Re: SEB 350L Review and advise for newbee
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2013, 06:08:36 AM »
Hi Nick,

I've just received a SEB-350D and can add a few things you can check.
Firstly check all the nuts, bolts and screws on the frame and wheels.  Pay specific attention to the nuts on the wheels.

I noticed that the rear wheel (installed at the factory) had been tightened so tight it actually deformed the washers.  I thought this was a bit over the top and tightened the front wheel tight but not that tight (I'm famous for stripping nuts).
A few days later I noticed it was loose so you really need to ensure its tight.

Also check your spokes, again I didn't do this and broke 2 of them in the first 3 or 4 rides (both went on the same ride).
I've since checked and tightened where necessary (another broke just today unfortunately).

Make sure your Lights and Horn if you have them are tightened up nice and firm.

The only other issue I have had is when caught in the rain I get a shock from the thumb wheel and the hub motors stop driving.  I don't think its water getting into the harness or motors but might be moisture getting into the thumb throttle or the connection that hosts the cables for the throttle, brakes, lights etc.  I'm toying with the idea of opening up the throttle and sealing it with silicone.

Hope this helps.  Apart from the above the bike has been good, it has great acceleration, LIFEPO4 Battery life is good the frames a little heavy but I can live with it.  Hope you enjoy yours as much as I enjoy mine.

Trevor

Offline nopetrol

• Confirmed
Re: SEB 350L Review and advise for newbee
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2013, 04:44:42 AM »
Thanks Trevor,

I will certainly check those parts.   I actually took my bike (which I am impressed) to my local bike shop who checked everything EXCEPT the swing arm that connects into the frame by 2 cups and a bolt the sandwiches it all to the frame.  Sadly on my 3rd ride, my swing arm (back bit of the bike) came loose from the front as the bolt and cup had pinged out.  Currently waiting from GM China on an answer.  I hope they will just send me 2 new cups and another bolt and nut.   Saying all this, the 3 rides I had were brilliant.  I only wish they spend an extra 30 mins going through the whole bike checking all screws etc.   

My father in law now wants one, however, I am  thinking of getting it via Express.  Did you get yours by express and did you have to pay any extras? (customs, agent fee's etc)

Thanks