Author Topic: Mod section rules  (Read 11605 times)

Offline GoldenMotor

• GoldenMotor
  • Emperor
  • PhD. Magic
  • Dark Templar
    • GoldenMotor Youtube
Mod section rules
« on: June 21, 2010, 09:13:36 AM »
Hi,

For some of you, who likes high speeds and pot, this section is to help you find out how you can customize your eBike to suit your needs, or rather, cravings.

Before you begin posting in this section, please note the following rules and the "very important" disclaimer.

Rules:
1)There are no rules

Disclaimer:
1)We, GoldenMotor, does not know of the existence of this board and the posts inside this board. We did not make this board, it was probably a server error and it popped out of nowhere. Therefore we take no responsibility if users wish to MOD their bikes and COPS are unhappy about it.

Offline GM Brazil

• Confirmed
  • Master of Magic
Re: Mod section rules
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2010, 12:57:44 PM »
I think that should be important to say that:

1- You loose warranty but wins a lot of fun
2- We will give support anyway
3- Mods can be legal off road ;) (here in Brazil at less...)

Offline Hardcore

• Confirmed
  • Master of Magic
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2010, 08:52:19 AM »
There are no rules for off-road here in Europe, as far I know off.

Offline Leslie

• Confirmed
  • PhD. Magic
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2010, 09:04:35 AM »

Build a pedal bike that can go over 127kph 80mph like the one above.  Put a 250 watt motor with pedalic that cuts out at 25kph under the hood and youre legal riding at speeds exceeding 127kph.

The Ebike law makers can be a lot stupid IMO.

Oh well next murder we have over here I will glad that the cops are fining me for not pedaling my bike.  ::)

And the public will be safer because we get fines for not pedaling, while a hundred kids are run over in theri own front driveways by their parents 4W drive, yes they will make us pedal that bike because not pedaling ebikes is the most important problem in the transport industry atm really .
« Last Edit: June 27, 2010, 09:21:31 AM by 317537 »

Bring it on

Offline Leslie

• Confirmed
  • PhD. Magic
« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2010, 09:33:37 AM »
And while all the bike shop owners have their show rooms with many legal ebikes with pedalic and what not.  NOBODY WANTS THEM.  

So they whinge and carry on about the laws and look for other ways to make their products the only option, CE approvals and what not, all this in the hope that they will undo every option to buy another product from another distributor that makes the off road vehicles we want and need.

Do not buy from such people that have commercial reasons for making changes to laws.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2010, 09:37:47 AM by 317537 »

Bring it on

Offline o00scorpion00o

• Confirmed
  • Master of Magic
« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2010, 10:25:03 AM »
Here in Europe it seems everything is about TAX. They don't want us riding bikes that can do 30mph, which I believe is the max safe limit for a bicycle. They want to make it as painful as possible so we will go out and buy a motorbike or scooter. Why? so we will pay road tax, insurance, and pay for petrol which is outrageously over taxed. Or go out and buy a car which again are severely taxed. Especially here in Ireland which recently introduced a ridiculous Carbon tax on fuel in the middle of the worst recession the island has ever seen!!! Of course all these taxes are brought in by ministers who get driven around for free compliments of the tax payer! makes me sick! And carbon tax in the name of the environment, that's bull just another justification for more tax. I'm all for saving the environment but I don't like being ripped off when there is NO alternative! Except ebikes of course! ;D

Okay rant over folks sorry, just had to get it out. I feel better now! ;D

Offline steven

« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2011, 10:11:03 AM »
Hi Smeee,...
very good looking picture,...
i don't understand what is place in your beside,..

Offline DirtyGinge

• Confirmed
  • PhD. Magic
  • Im just trying to find my niche.3 e-bikes is fine
« Reply #7 on: February 11, 2011, 09:59:11 PM »
As much as I scoot around the regulations, I do understand them

can you imagine how safe grandma reilly would feel with 12 year old hooligans doing 30MPH plus on the pavement ?

Ive been overtaken on my pies by pro bikers ( as I live on a pro circuit) , and been outpaced for 5 miles, but these are sportsmen at 60KG, at the best of their game, not some sniffy drunk 15 year old who hates the world, who under his own steam could manage 8 due to heavy smokin from the age of 5......

But the Euro PAs regs./.....just plain stupid..

more sensible is 350 watt, throttle or otherwise, preferably license holders only, to prove some responsibility

it does make me laugh though, that in my 150KG bike, I have to be limited by law, but in my 2.5 tonne zafira, its my responsibility with no limiter
Infineon lyen edition 12 Fet
Goldenmotor Magic pie rear ....2000 Watt peak
oh yea.....Im too fat :)...but cute, oh yea, im cute

Offline SydneyCommuter

• Confirmed
« Reply #8 on: June 06, 2011, 12:46:21 PM »
Come down under to the nanny state gone mad, max legal 200watts, hardly improving the power to weight of the motor/battery. 
I new there was a reason I liked this forum, down with bureaucratic tyranny give me my 500+watts.
Over here you just peddle( or pretend to) and they will never know, I've never seen a cop with a dyno or a power meter!!
Though there is always some nut who really wants the boys in blue to take an interest like the bean I saw on a petrol add-on, riding up the motorway past the roadworks in peak hour traffic, Darwin awards candidate.

Offline Bikewrangler

• Confirmed
  • Magic Pie 5
« Reply #9 on: September 18, 2018, 10:52:34 PM »
Last post in 2011, not a lot of movement on this page (probably not meant to?).
In any case, not much has happened I terms of pushing the stupid e-bike laws in the last 7 years!!!???
Anybody up for starting a petition? Or any other ides on how to lobby?
There should be enough e-bikers now to make a difference?

My friggin kitchen blender has 600watts, 350watts more than what an e-bike is allowed to have...in Norway.
GM5