Author Topic: 36v 8ah bottle battery  (Read 8886 times)

Offline atcspaul

• Confirmed
  • Magic Undergrad
    • motor bicycling
36v 8ah bottle battery
« on: December 22, 2012, 07:42:20 PM »
I got a bottle battery from Golden Motor and I am really impressed with it. The way the track goes down on the mount makes it mount to the bike very securely using the bicycle's water bottle screws.  I actually built a mountain bike using it and the Smart Pie motor. I have about 14 miles on this charge all riding has been in the woods and still battery left. I pedal most of the time and been using the motor to help me get up hills or when I need a little rest. The battery also has a gauge on it that works, you have to push a button on the battery to see it and you have 5 or 6 leds that go out one at a time as you drain the battery riding. the Smart Pie does 18mph on the flats. I have taken the bike over jumps and climbed hills I would not even thought about atempting. As long as I do not loose traction I think I can get up almost anything, of course I pedal hard but the motor assist makes it posible. I painted the bottle to match the bike and gives a very stealth look. I think Golden Motor has a winner with the new battery.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2013, 02:26:10 PM by GM Moderator »

Offline MAGICPIE3FOCUSPOWER

• Confirmed
  • Master of Magic
Re: 36v 8ah bottle battery
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2012, 01:56:09 PM »
What is max charging current and max current output?

Offline atcspaul

• Confirmed
  • Magic Undergrad
    • motor bicycling
« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2012, 02:13:04 PM »
i am not really sure. will email company see if I can get specs

Offline MAGICPIE3FOCUSPOWER

• Confirmed
  • Master of Magic
« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2012, 02:18:36 PM »
Thanks I am curious, I like the bottle design.

Offline atcspaul

• Confirmed
  • Magic Undergrad
    • motor bicycling
« Reply #4 on: December 24, 2012, 10:00:04 AM »
direct from the factory

The battery has  3-C discharging rating. This means 3x8A=24A continuous. Maximum current is 50A for a few seconds.

Offline atcspaul

• Confirmed
  • Magic Undergrad
    • motor bicycling
« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2013, 11:50:26 AM »
i was asked for a couple other dimensions on another thread so adding them here also
it is aproximitly 120mm from bottom screw to bottom of bottle. the bottle is 93mm diameter.

Offline Leslie

• Confirmed
  • PhD. Magic
« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2013, 05:30:46 AM »
Hey is this the Lithium manganese battery?

They maybe safe to discharge at 3c, but I have the feeling they would perform much more reliably, and for longer under a similar discharge rate as you would use for cheaper LiFePo4 batteries.  This much is obvious.  If you treat a pack more gently, of cause it will live longer. 

These LiMnO2 packs have poor electrode protection, so the are capable of fast discharge rates, but I suspect at high discharge rates for these little frog packs is risky.

A few Ebikers are coming to this consensus over the years about LiMn02 chemistry. 

Bring it on