Author Topic: Magic Pie Mongoose Teocali Comp Mountain Bike  (Read 13070 times)

Offline Who42

• Confirmed
  • Bachelor of Magic
  • ELECTRIC BIKE NUT
    • PLUG IN CARS & BIKES
Magic Pie Mongoose Teocali Comp Mountain Bike
« on: February 20, 2010, 04:53:11 AM »
 Mongoose Teocali Comp Mountain Bike ;D
My Latest Conversion using Magic Pie :)
Golden Motor have done it again with the Magic Pie :D
Now you have 2 great choices Speed or Grunt :-*
Magic Pie 48v Perfomance Compared with Pro Kit 901 48v ???
Speed :        Pro Kit 901 is faster on the flat buy about 5km/h :P
Clime Ability: Magic Pie climes much  better buy about 30% :o
Range :        About the same :-[
Conclusion if your a big guy like me and live in a hilly area Magic Pie is the way to go if you are a lite and live in a flat area  the Pro Kit 901 is the way to go 8)
No matter what the trail throws your way, this bike will give you the confidence to tackle what's ahead. Freeride suspension platform delivers smooth, bob-free pedaling while the adjustable rear travel soaks up the rough stuff. Shimano/SRAM drivetrain and FSA cranks will keep you in control on the ascents and the disc brakes will keep you in check on the descents. WTB rims with Kenda tires for added grip in the corners.

Lightweight and durable aluminum frame provides solid performance
SR Suntour front and rear adjustable suspension brings true MTB performance to the trail
Shimano/SRAM drivetrain with FSA cranks offers durable, reliable, all-around performance
Tektro  disc brakes provide low maintenance, all-weather stopping power in any terrain
« Last Edit: April 16, 2010, 09:25:47 PM by Who42 »
ELECTRIC BIKE NUT

Offline jimabbott

Re: Magic Pie Mongoose Teocali Comp Mountain Bike
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2010, 04:21:11 PM »
Conclusion if your a big guy like me and live in a hilly area Magic Pie is the way to go if you are a lite and live in a flat area  the Pro Kit 901 is the way to go 8)
No matter what the trail throws your way, this bike will give you the confidence to tackle what's ahead. Freeride suspension platform delivers smooth, bob-free pedaling while the adjustable rear travel soaks up the rough stuff. Shimano/SRAM drivetrain and FSA cranks will keep you in control on the ascents and the disc brakes will keep you in check on the descents. WTB rims with Kenda tires for added grip in the corners.

SR Suntour front and rear adjustable suspension brings true MTB performance to the trail
Shimano/SRAM drivetrain with FSA cranks offers durable, reliable, all-around performance
Tektro hydraulic disc brakes provide low maintenance, all-weather stopping power in any terrain

Hi,

I'm in the process of modding a Mongoose MB also with hydraulic brakes just as  you state towards the end of your description.
however looking at your photos your brakes look more like cable disk brakes? Was this a typo error?
The reason I'm asking is that I'm not finding it easy to modify my hydraulic hand brake levers in order to incorporate the brake switches.
 If you do have hydraulic brakes may I ask you how you overcome this problem?

Jim

Offline muzza.au

• Confirmed
  • Bachelor of Magic
Re: Magic Pie Mongoose Teocali Comp Mountain Bike
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2010, 01:49:36 AM »

Tektro hydraulic disc brakes provide low maintenance, all-weather stopping power in any terrain

Hi,

I'm in the process of modding a Mongoose MB also with hydraulic brakes just as  you state towards the end of your description.
however looking at your photos your brakes look more like cable disk brakes? Was this a typo error?
The reason I'm asking is that I'm not finding it easy to modify my hydraulic hand brake levers in order to incorporate the brake switches.
 If you do have hydraulic brakes may I ask you how you overcome this problem?

Jim
I checked the photo too and it definately looks like the bike has cable brakes. I have a bike with hydraulic brakes also and you can see what I did here -> http://goldenmotor.com/SMF/index.php?topic=1804.0

Muzza.au