Author Topic: 48v 1000w Golden  (Read 25101 times)

Offline Leslie

• Confirmed
  • PhD. Magic
Re: 48v 1000w Golden
« Reply #15 on: May 07, 2010, 11:27:13 AM »

what r ure countries laws?

Here in Canada its no pedelac,

Interesting.

I hit gravel yesterday and the front end went from underneath me, bike and rider went down like ship load of lead.

I got a small graze on my knee, nothing really.  The SLAs had all moved out on the frame and I couldn't pedal. The bike wore the worst.

I decided to resume my ride it with no pedals.  My bike uses a lot of power on take offs and the batteries are getting old. With no pedals, the ride became more sluggish.  On top of that, the power was intermittent, and I may have pulled a lead.

It was quite scary not having the pedals there.  Even when one SLA packed it in.  My controller rides under LCV as its been omitted.  LOL it wouldnt go up hill at all.

I drilled this runt SLA until the bike was onlt able to go 5kph on the flat, lol.  Even at 5kph with no pedals I felt uneasy too.  Especially with all that weight and no power.

I understand the need for the pedals,  I always did.  Its just yesterday I really felt disconcerted.  

Funny enough It was the the same way I felt using PAS.

More to the point is that its was ironic how not having pedals and PAS had the same effect on how I felt safe. 
« Last Edit: May 07, 2010, 11:34:20 AM by 317537 »

Bring it on

Offline wayne3109

• Confirmed
« Reply #16 on: August 22, 2010, 11:31:15 AM »
How lucky you are! Here in Australia we are ILLEGAL if our bike has more than 200 Watts.
Shhhhh! Don't tell anyone but my bike is 1000w over the limit. ;)

Muzza.au
Hah hah I run 2 X 1000-watt motors with Li Ping 48-volt 20Ah battery does 55kph without pedalling.  I use it mainly on off-road bike tracks but if on road I make sure I pedal so it's not obvious.

I usually pedal a lot anyway so I get a good workout but up hills it's too damn heavy..

At the moment I've got it running real good...  No dramas.

If the coppers pull me over and charge me I'll be taking it to court...  They should be paying ME for using the e-bike.

Wayne (Melbourne, Vic, Au)   ;D

Offline MonkeyMagic

• Cheeky Chimp
  • Technical Officer
  • PhD. Magic
« Reply #17 on: August 22, 2010, 11:42:01 AM »
Hey Wayne

I'm in melb too, no joke there was a massive crackdown not so long ago in my area of 'monkey bikes' and even mobility scooters with old folk drunk or off their heads high on perscription drugs

Anywho, if you look at the vicroads law you can only run a single motor with a max output of 200W and max speed of 25kph without pedalling.

Lol that would never make it up any hill!!
The power ratings are that low because of ~50cc engines putting out that power.

If the cops notice you have 2 motors then you might be in trouble, but its just a unregistered vehicle fine around $500. They might also get you for not having an appropriate license.

But --- If you tell them that the MAX output is 200w and the top speed is 25kph they don't actually have the equipment to test it.

Lol so long story short, if you ever get stopped (which is extremely unlikely unless you have a petrol motor) then all you have to say is the max output is 200W and you are sweet.

This will be a completely different story should you crash into a car or person, and TAC are involved. This would be worst case scenario. If you are hurt in this instance then you are not covered for anything, plus are accountable for all of the damages caused by the accident.

On the plus side -- the cost of current measuring equipment and training police and road traffic officers was far too high to implement. I have heard this straight from the department of vehicle  infrastructures mouth lol

So keep on biking with your "Dual 100W setup" haha and make sure you don't run into anything and you will be fine

;)

Offline Hardcore

• Confirmed
  • Master of Magic
« Reply #18 on: August 22, 2010, 03:35:52 PM »
quote with thumb up: If the coppers pull me over and charge me I'll be taking it to court...  They should be paying ME for using the e-bike.