Author Topic: Magic pie - first taste  (Read 27229 times)

Offline Hyena

• Confirmed
  • E-bike maniac
    • Hyena Industries: performance ebikes
Re: Magic pie - first taste
« Reply #15 on: October 26, 2009, 11:05:53 PM »

If you connect it just to the front brake, but also connect it through the throttle switch, you could use the rear for gentle (non-regen) braking and the front would automatically start regen, or you could easily turn it off if you still wanted to.

I thought of that, but I'll be replacing my front brakes with hydros so the brake levers with the switch won't suit and I don't think I can be bothered messing around with a reed switch or similar. I like the idea of having regen on a seperate switch so it doesnt have to be on. For gentle braking I'd probably use just the fronts so I wouldn't want regen kicking in there, and I often use the rear for locking up the back wheel to skid around stuff without actually slowing down too much. That's for my work commuter bike though, I'm also building a custom cruiser which I'll probably just wire to the rear brakes. Stay tuned for that one some time after xmas  :)

Offline Leslie

• Confirmed
  • PhD. Magic
« Reply #16 on: October 27, 2009, 05:47:17 AM »
I got 38 kph top speed no pedals on my old golden 36v@48v 200 watt hub, "SLA's".  I believe at 36v its more like 500 watts and 48v its 750 watts.

I think its a little faster now but havent had a bike speedo for a good 8 mths.

Bring it on

Offline GM Brazil

• Confirmed
  • Master of Magic
« Reply #17 on: January 07, 2010, 08:47:58 PM »
Hyena,

Does your bike had the rim centering problems with the pie?

As on this posts: http://goldenmotor.com/SMF/index.php?topic=1490.0

Thanks