Author Topic: Magic Pie 5 Vector with Bluetooth for Android/IOS  (Read 42338 times)

Offline GoldenMotor

• GoldenMotor
  • Emperor
  • PhD. Magic
  • Dark Templar
    • GoldenMotor Youtube
Re: Magic Pie 5 Vector with Bluetooth for Android/IOS
« Reply #45 on: March 06, 2019, 07:35:35 AM »
iOS App for iPhone and iPad is available now in Apple Store. You can search App name: GoldenMotor from App Store to find and install it in your iPhone or iPad easily. It is only for meter display right now, not for parameter programming.

Offline Bikemad

• Global Moderator
  • Professor
  • PhD. Magic
« Reply #46 on: March 06, 2019, 09:53:17 PM »
Although this iOS release is not able to alter the programmable parameters, I decided that I would still try it out using my wife's iPhone 4S to see what functions were available, and compare it to the Android version.

I was disappointed to find that it was not even possible to connect the iPhone 4S to my Magic Pie Edge via Bluetooth.
The screen on the iPhone 4S is so small that the displayed information does not fit on properly:

I was also unable to click on the Bluetooth symbol (which on the Android version allows me to select the GM bluetooth device) as the symbol is almost completely missing from the bottom of the screen, along with the TRIP END button.

As a comparison, this is what the display looks like on my Samsung Galaxy Core Prime with the Android App:

I eventually worked out how to unlock the portrait orientation lock on the iPhone to allow the display to work in landscape, and then I could access the bluetooth symbol to connect.  :D

With the controller finally connected, I was able to set the correct wheel diameter size, and there is even an option to change from Km to Miles:

I still prefer the look of the Digiface/Transistor font style digits used on the Android app display, but this won't really affect me as I have no intentions of owning either an iPhone or an iPad.  ;)

Although this current iOS version only works as a speedometer and trip counter etc., let's hope that the functions used to adjust the programmable parameters will be made fully operational soon.

Alan

Offline Vanarebane

• Confirmed
« Reply #47 on: April 30, 2019, 08:42:57 PM »
Today was published a new version for IOS GoldenMotor app and now there also possible to change the parameters.
The only problem is that the iPhone screen turns into sleep.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2019, 05:06:03 PM by Vanarebane »

Offline GM Canada

• Super Gary
  • Confirmed
  • PhD. Magic
« Reply #48 on: May 16, 2019, 03:35:49 PM »
Hello to all,

I have thoroughly tested the iOS app and it works great! I am very impressed and thankful it is finally here.

Two things mentioned above

1 - On iPhone 4 you have to landscape it to see properly. The app recommends iPhone 5 or higher, iOS 9 or higher. It works great on my iPhone x
2 - The phone goes into sleep mode when using the app. I have brought this to the attention of Golden Motor and a new version is out already to fix that. It may take a few days to be updated in the apple app store

Gary

Offline Vanarebane

• Confirmed
« Reply #49 on: May 16, 2019, 04:02:16 PM »
Great news!

Offline GM Canada

• Super Gary
  • Confirmed
  • PhD. Magic
« Reply #50 on: May 20, 2019, 06:28:42 PM »
I shot a quick video here of my first look at the iOS app. Here I am learning to program the motor and how to detect what settings I like for speed.

So far it is awesome! I love it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h8B0RD2aMW4

Gary

Offline eGhostRider

• Confirmed
« Reply #51 on: June 02, 2019, 03:11:49 PM »
Hi Gary.  I downloaded the Apple App, beside PAS the Rest Workshop Fine. It is up and downloading the correct  changes made in the App. PAS can be openend and closed. After download to the controller it stays changed, but PAS is not working. The same issue with Android.
Anything that need to be fixed?

Offline GM Canada

• Super Gary
  • Confirmed
  • PhD. Magic
« Reply #52 on: June 02, 2019, 03:48:41 PM »
Have you installed the GM pedelec ring?

https://www.goldenmotor.bike/product/pedelec-2/

Offline Aum

• Confirmed
« Reply #53 on: September 13, 2023, 05:09:50 PM »
using android 12, Magic Pie 1.9 apk, I get 'app stopped working' notification, or, when launched, the app shows notification in chinese language, and closes immediately

update working on android 12 would be welcome

aum