Author Topic: Battery charge lights MP3  (Read 7937 times)

Offline Bwizz

• Confirmed
  • Magic Undergrad
Re: Battery charge lights MP3
« Reply #15 on: June 30, 2015, 12:36:15 PM »
Because I am using the bike more often , I have ordered a new 48v battery and charger !,
Yesterday I covered 17 miles got back and measured 54 volts, If I don't use the battery for a while thats fine, at least I can eliminate the charger from the issue.
Weird how this vibration ,when I first off is now becoming consistent.. I could do without any more issues to think about

Offline Bikemad

• Global Moderator
  • Professor
  • PhD. Magic
« Reply #16 on: June 30, 2015, 01:12:21 PM »
Hi Brian,

Does the vibration just occur with a fully charged battery, or does it also vibrate when you set off on your return journey if you have stopped for a while in the middle of your ride?

It will be interesting to see if it still happens with the new battery.

Alan

Offline Bwizz

• Confirmed
  • Magic Undergrad
« Reply #17 on: June 30, 2015, 03:10:01 PM »
The vibration happens at any state of charge. I set of this morning after not recharging overnight.
"Having covered 17 miles."! For a second felt like the brake was on. and harsh vibration.
This is defo the same issue I was having before the loss of pre settings.  worse on setting of for first time after overnight rest. My first motor failure happened after strong braking effect!
I don't think the two issues are connected, as for most of first year of use,there was no problem apart from from the infrequent vibration issue on first set of. I seem to remember there was no vibration issue when the motor had defaulted to full power settings "when memory issue started.
Just got back now having covered 22 miles voltage now 51 volt.
Do you think the supplied controller could have been a reject, as the cable exit hole was not correct.?
I'll try the motor set at default after recharge and see what happens

Offline Bwizz

• Confirmed
  • Magic Undergrad
Re: Battery charge lights /vibration
« Reply #18 on: July 03, 2015, 09:00:37 PM »
I set the power output to default + 90% regen and 24v. No vibration on set of after overnight rest. and lunch stop.
If this is consistant , what is causing this unwanted braking/ vibration effect
Seems to be consistant. still on full power. after another overnight charge no vibration.
New battery and charger charger came today ,Not going to fit battery  for the moment
the new charger spec is 1 volt less ie 57 volt.
Back to lights issue . Should I try a charge with new charger ?
« Last Edit: July 06, 2015, 03:13:08 PM by Bwizz »