Author Topic: Converting an Alfine 11spd with Gates Belt Drive to a Magic Pie 4 rear  (Read 2288 times)

Offline Aeberbach

• Confirmed
Subject: Converting an Alfine 11spd with Gates Belt Drive to a Magic Pie 4 rear

I've been thinking about this for a little while but the Magic Pie 4 videos from the Canadian distributor made me think this is a product worth having, it looks like a really smooth, quiet motor compared to the early ones. Kit ordered!

Because I already have a rack I like I'm going with the 36V 8AH bottle battery - should be plenty for my roughly 30km ride each day.

My bike is a Spot Acme that has a belt drive instead of chain. Keeping the belt is going to cost around USD$300 extra to build because of the very expensive Gates CDX freewheel 22T sprocket required but I do want this to be an all-weather bike and cleaning a chain (or grease off your leg) isn't something I want to go back to. I like the thought that I will just be replacing the rear wheel and can swap the old one back in any time I want to go unpowered again.

Has anyone else done an installation with the Gates CT1122WMNS rear sprocket - any tips?