Author Topic: My MP3 suddenly stopped today - not able to spin the front wheel  (Read 5386 times)

Offline Terry

• Confirmed
Re: My MP III suddenly stopped today - not able to spin the front wheel
« Reply #15 on: April 23, 2013, 07:40:40 AM »
Hi Ed,

That was a good suggestion. However, last night I removed the internal controller and I could clearly see that one spot on the green surface was burned -- >fried  :D I agreed to the seller to return the damaged controller and they will send me a new one.  Fortunately,  I have a spare controller which I bought some months ago, and I will install it tonight...  :)

Also, I have switched off the regen (with the programming tool) I feel it's not much use for me, and I was hoping that the controller would last longer when this feature was off --> I was wrong..  I let you know after I have installed the new controller...

/terry

Offline atcspaul

• Confirmed
  • Magic Undergrad
    • motor bicycling
« Reply #16 on: April 23, 2013, 11:05:19 AM »
my electronics knowlege is little however if it is burning the controllers that means you have a short somewhere or a wire arching and shorting out the controller. if still under warranty I would see about a new wiring harness. cruise and throttle wires

Offline Terry

• Confirmed
« Reply #17 on: April 23, 2013, 11:36:47 AM »
hmm,, It's difficult to figure out where the  short circuit is located - if it even was a short circuit. The main harness and the buttons/throttle is new (came with the kit - three months old).  I always put a tape over the wires which is not in use, to protect from water.   If it was a short , why didn't the MP3 stopped earlier?.It could also be overheating/ electronic components failure.. Who knows,,

/t

Offline MAGICPIE3FOCUSPOWER

• Confirmed
  • Master of Magic
« Reply #18 on: April 23, 2013, 01:25:20 PM »
You should check the  six pins connector traces at controller are very thin, maybe one of them is burned out (5V).