Author Topic: my 24 inch wheel is not working  (Read 9667 times)

Offline Valy

• Confirmed
  • Magic Undergrad
Re: my 24 inch wheel is not working
« Reply #15 on: July 17, 2010, 02:01:31 PM »
i was sad when I saw the cable damage but I hoped that the motor was  running anyway.

Offline Valy

• Confirmed
  • Magic Undergrad
« Reply #16 on: July 17, 2010, 02:29:23 PM »
Hello  LES
Regarding your photos from earlier.
Where you insisit that the cable has been burn it's not the case.
I have checked and dubble checked with my Magnifying glass and the cut it's not burned and the cables are new.
the copper in the cut they are new like metal cut.the copper cable it is no damage.only the plastic cover
thank you very  mutch for all your  help,  please keep it comming I need all the advise I can get and i'm very greatful thanks Valy

Offline Valy

• Confirmed
  • Magic Undergrad
« Reply #17 on: July 17, 2010, 05:26:15 PM »
heloo guis do you think it is ok to conect 24 wheel to the oder bike [my son s bike] cabels and try to see if it is run the motor? :'(

Offline Valy

• Confirmed
  • Magic Undergrad
« Reply #18 on: July 17, 2010, 08:25:15 PM »
ok guys, I conected the 24 inch motor to my sons bike cables [battery and throttle]
 when I swiched the contact key , the leds in throttle is not on
.and  if I spin the wheel with my hand it is hard to do it. I fellt motor , like a generator
when I take away +-cable for the motor I can spin the wheel easily with my hand
 I conected the cables to my sons bike motor and its working  throttle ,leds and cruiser.
then the conclusion is that the cable are okay.
 the problem is maybe coming  from the controler ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? :'  or the cables .
 if I spin the wheel with my hand without electric on
 it genereits current on the +-cable  faster spin -more voltage. my conclusion is motor stator posibil to be ok
I m very sorry for my english.
 :'(now Im verry sad ??? :'( ??? :'( ??? :'( ??? :'( ??? :'(
« Last Edit: July 17, 2010, 08:36:04 PM by valy »

Offline Leslie

• Confirmed
  • PhD. Magic
« Reply #19 on: July 19, 2010, 05:21:59 AM »
ok guys, I conected the 24 inch motor to my sons bike cables [battery and throttle]
 when I swiched the contact key , the leds in throttle is not on
.and  if I spin the wheel with my hand it is hard to do it. I fellt motor , like a generator
when I take away +-cable for the motor I can spin the wheel easily with my hand
 I conected the cables to my sons bike motor and its working  throttle ,leds and cruiser.
then the conclusion is that the cable are okay.
 the problem is maybe coming  from the controler ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? :'  or the cables .
 if I spin the wheel with my hand without electric on
 it genereits current on the +-cable  faster spin -more voltage. my conclusion is motor stator posibil to be ok
I m very sorry for my english.
 :'(now Im verry sad ??? :'( ??? :'( ??? :'( ??? :'( ??? :'(

Either way you look at it the motor has been damaged by someone, not an accident in shipping IMO.   It is a common problem done to wheels when installing as this is not normal for a Magic Pie to look like this with a cut cord. The cord wraps around the wheel when running fast and the cord goes tight and the axle cuts the cord leaving the mark you see on the axl. When the cord pulls tight it breaks small wire inside, the evidence is obvious.

But to say this has caused all your failures may be a little presumptuous.  Was there a long delay to the delivery?

All GM stators are good.  In my 2+ years here we have only seen a single motor with bad windings and yes it was replace by the good will of GM.

The packing looks very good IMO.  Very good.

The symptoms you explain sounds like fet failure and wire failure all in one.  There are small wires that go to the controller for throttle, brakes and much more.  These could be broken inside the plastic sheild because of the cord damage..

Do no more test with the other wheel.  Keep the working wheel isolated from the broken wheel unless you want both bikes that wont work.

I am helpless to help you until you contact GM first.  Forum help from the tech officer like me is usually for gm products out of warranty or user errors void warranty.

My advice is not official but can be helpful.  

Contact TOM zhourenli@goldenmotor.com for official warranty inquiries, make email easy to read and short to the point. Be patient for reply and wait.

If you want to fix yourself you may void warranty.  We can help you with that :D  Sometimes this is better if you know how to fix or are good with these things, and other times this is worse because you can make problems bigger.

Your decision.

Sincerely

LeZ

PS.

Who sold you the wheel and how long did it take to deliver.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2010, 05:38:15 AM by 317537 »

Bring it on

Offline Valy

• Confirmed
  • Magic Undergrad
« Reply #20 on: July 19, 2010, 06:53:30 PM »
thank you again for your help Lez.
 today I wrote a mail for Tom to see what he will say about my wheel :-\

Offline Valy

• Confirmed
  • Magic Undergrad
« Reply #21 on: August 16, 2010, 10:04:33 PM »
Sorry to say but Tom don't answere my  mails.
 My self I repaired  my 24 inch wheel and it   is working  ok. No more  problems .
Now I'm sure that there is no garanty what  you buy from golden motor come with warranty.
 If they don't like what you write to them ,they don't give a sh!t about you.
 I  send a mail to Tom about the throttle sensor and  now even after 1 month still no answer .
 I m very disapointed again and I will think twice before I order from them again.
This is the second wheel that comes with a destroyed cable.
Any Ideas what to do now??????
« Last Edit: August 24, 2010, 09:46:36 AM by valy »

Offline Valy

• Confirmed
  • Magic Undergrad
« Reply #22 on: August 16, 2010, 10:13:55 PM »
Im happy with my bike it is drive and work perfect ;D

Offline Valy

• Confirmed
  • Magic Undergrad
« Reply #23 on: September 29, 2010, 07:49:23 PM »
if some one are interested I start to build tork arms I have tools to build them.

Offline Spacey

• Confirmed
  • Magic Undergrad
« Reply #24 on: October 01, 2010, 04:56:12 PM »
HI Valy, I have an external controller that is mounted with the Heat Sink outside the box but with the wires and the rest inside the box if you want it?

It is not limited to 15amps like the normal MP controller, although it is an external controller so if you do not get a refund or replacement from magi pie then you could open up the MP wheel and take out/destroy the internal controller and extend the wires ready for the external controller to get you going.

I would happily swap it for one of your Torque Arms, if not how much would you sell me 2 for?

All the best

Spacey (Uk)

Offline Valy

• Confirmed
  • Magic Undergrad
« Reply #25 on: October 03, 2010, 08:53:20 PM »
hello Spacey thank you very much for the offer ;D but my wheel  is working now.
 it was a problem with the cables and I fixed it my self. about tork arms I cant tell you a fix price because I don't build series to fit in all bikes .
I try to build custom ones to fit in different drops off.the price for this one EXEMPEL

I want 500 swedish kronas + shipping for 2 of them. this are for back .
if you want a pair you can send me a picture of your drops off  and I can build ones for you {every drops off have different design and dimensions}    kindly valy
« Last Edit: October 04, 2010, 07:05:59 AM by valy »