Author Topic: How do I connect a new PAS to a old MP III harness?  (Read 3203 times)

Offline Semamon

• Confirmed
How do I connect a new PAS to a old MP III harness?
« on: August 27, 2014, 10:02:49 PM »
How to connect a new PAS to a old MP3 harness?
I have ordered a PAS unit that I wanted to connect to my existing mp3 harness but there is no connector on the harness only loose wires. So I was hoping someone out there would know how to connect it wire to wire.
Thanks in advance!

Offline Bikemad

• Global Moderator
  • Professor
  • PhD. Magic
Re: How do I connect a new PAS to a old MP III harness?
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2014, 12:42:38 AM »
Hi andto the forum.

You need to connect the Black, Red and Yellow wires to the corresponding Red, Black and Grey? pedelec sensor wires:

If you can't find a mating 3 pin Molex connector to fit your pedelec sensor you might want to pick up a servo extension lead from your local model shop:

Simply cut it in the middle and solder the wires on the socket end to the wires on the motor harness and the wires on the plug end to the pedelec sensor.

This will allow you to easily disconnect the pedelec sensor to remove the wheel for tyre changing etc. (and it can also be disconnected to disable the pedelec if required.) ;)

Alan

« Last Edit: July 04, 2017, 10:44:17 PM by Bikemad »

Offline Semamon

• Confirmed
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2014, 02:48:13 PM »
Thanks a lot for that information.really appreciate it! I have connected the PAS with a matching connector.red to red,black to black and yellow to blue as the third cable on the PAS unikt is. I Was now woundering if there is a fault with it.when peddling the motor starts and stops in a regular interval witch is very annoying giving me a bumpy ride.I though that the PAS system would give power to the motor all the time when peddling.?

Offline Bikemad

• Global Moderator
  • Professor
  • PhD. Magic
« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2014, 10:14:12 PM »
Make sure the magnet ring is running nice and true on the pedal shaft and try and get it as close as possible to the sensor without actually touching it and see if it helps.

Alan

Offline Semamon

• Confirmed
« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2014, 01:48:35 PM »
Ok will try that thanks but can you confirm that the motor should be running non stop if I peddle without stop?
Best regards
Mark

Offline Bikemad

• Global Moderator
  • Professor
  • PhD. Magic
« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2014, 09:54:46 PM »
Hi Mark, the motor assistance should be continuous while you are pedalling continuously.

I tried using the pedelec sensor on one of the original Magic Pies (which was not programmable) and I found the pedelec function to be far too strong.
Even though the level of assistance does vary in relation to the pedal speed, it was too powerful for my sort or use as it felt like an "all or nothing" type of output.
Mine became a bit temperamental at times, so I eventually removed it from my bike completely as the throttle makes it a lot easier to control the exact amount of motor power you require. ;)

Alan