Author Topic: Smart Pie Display Connector  (Read 3390 times)

Offline Lcltech

• Confirmed
Smart Pie Display Connector
« on: July 11, 2014, 06:40:45 AM »
Hi

I am the proud new owner of a smartpie that I have mounted on a Christiania Bike(Danish 3 wheeled cargobike). As many other all so have mentioned the magicpie/smartpie have a display connector, but GM do not make a display.
Have anybody any information on the protocol? Maybe it would be possible to connect a MCU like an arduino.

I have tried to contact GM, but they just ignore me.

Best regards
Lasse

Offline Bikemad

• Global Moderator
  • Professor
  • PhD. Magic
Re: Smart Pie Display Connector
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2014, 01:18:55 PM »
Hi Lasse andto the forum.

Unfortunately, there is currently no useful information available regarding the "Meter Display" connections apart from the inclusion of the "Signal Transmission" and "Signal Receive" labels shown on the Wiring Layout Diagram.

It might be worth sending a very brief email to David (wyh@goldenmotor.com) but he is a very busy guy and isn't always able to reply to email.

If you receive an answer to your question, please post any useful or relevant information here.

Alan

« Last Edit: July 02, 2017, 03:28:34 PM by Bikemad »

Offline Barbados

• Confirmed
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2014, 03:10:25 PM »
any updates on this topic, Display for Magic/Smart Pie 4 Controller?
does one of the common Displays work? e.c KT LCD 2 / 3

http://www.bmsbattery.com/controller/670-s-led770-e-bike-led-meter.html

Offline Bikemad

• Global Moderator
  • Professor
  • PhD. Magic
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2014, 09:03:35 PM »
I'm, pretty sure that the five pin connector plug on the MP4 is used solely for programming the controller, and you cannot program the controller while it is still in "run" mode. So even if you had a miniature PC mounted on your bike, you would not be able to simply alter the settings while riding.

Those LED displays are not likely to be of much use with the MP4 controllers as there is nowhere for the lead to connect to. Hopefully GM will come up with something similar in the near future, or possibly something even better.

Alan

« Last Edit: July 02, 2017, 03:27:42 PM by Bikemad »