Author Topic: MagicPie-4  (Read 17577 times)

Offline Just

• Confirmed
  • Master of Magic
Re: MagicPie-4
« Reply #30 on: August 18, 2014, 04:51:42 PM »
So, what's special in the 11th post? Was max speed mentioned there?

Offline Ron

• Confirmed
« Reply #31 on: August 20, 2014, 04:54:42 AM »
So, what's the maximum speed with the new Vector Controller (48V battery)?

BTW, how much the speed might be increased with 60V battery (external controller)?
The max speed would depend on several factors, battery voltage, tire size, rider weight, uphill/downlhill etc.  In my case I'm 230 lbs / 107 kgs, run a 26inch tire and have a 12s lipo battery (44.4v).  On level ground I can hit 40km/hr.  I've had it doing just shy of 50 km/hr on a hill and on my bike it was faster than I want to go on a regular basis.

If you used a 60v battery the speed increase would be linear with the voltage if it wasn't for wind resistance afaik.

Offline GM Canada

• Super Gary
  • Confirmed
  • PhD. Magic
« Reply #32 on: August 22, 2014, 02:53:53 AM »
Hi Folks,

Please go back and read the 11th entry in this thread. 

TTFN,
Dennis

Is this for me to go back and find the risk of running a 48 volt battery?

There must be some misunderstanding somewhere. If I ever said such a thing then please point me to it so I can go back and correct it. I have never used anything but 48 volt batteries on all of my Magic Pie kits other then a few 36 volt and 24 volt test rides to see the difference.

Gary

Offline Morgen 3Eman

• Confirmed
  • PhD. Magic
« Reply #33 on: August 22, 2014, 06:27:01 PM »
Hi Folks,

I wrote a lengthy technical reply to the last few entries in this thread, and went back and deleted it all.   My concerns about low rated MP3 components has been been addressed in the Vector controller.   Buy what you want.  I will probably be buying a MP4.

I am a very satisfied customer of Gary Salo, and highly recommend dealing with him. 

It is still my opinion that a component labeled as a "48 Volt Battery"  should put out close to 48 Volts, not 58, and 63 Volt rated electrolytic capacitors should never be used in a system powered by 58 VDC.  They would be fine for use at 48 actual Volts, but would exhibit a high infant mortality rate when used at 58 actual Volts.  Which was exactly the case in the early MP3.

TTFN,
Dennis