Author Topic: Newest magic controller cruise control function?  (Read 4624 times)

Offline Brandnew

• Confirmed
Newest magic controller cruise control function?
« on: June 16, 2009, 08:53:32 PM »
I am interested in the magic controller for its cruise control function. I want to use it on a bike that I already have to twist handle bar mounted shifters so I need to use the thumb throttle. When I order the magic controller I plan to order the thumb throttle but what else do I need to be able to use the cruise control?

Offline kostelacj

Re: Newest magic controller cruise control function?
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2009, 01:48:24 PM »
If your experience is like mine, you won't need anything other than the cruise control (CC) button ring which came with my kit. Once I get to a speed I like I press the red CC button and let go of the throttle then let go of the red CC button. Then I keep going about the same speed I was going. Mine worked straight out of the box on first try. Totally cool.

John
36V750W Rear on  a 'bent!

Offline e-lmer

• Technical Officer
  • Master of Magic
    • My page
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2009, 02:54:10 AM »
I might go so far as to say that the power button on the thumb throttle is not
really helpful, I am thinking about putting the cruise control wires there for
convenience.

BTW:  GM: I asked for the connectors to hook up the horn to the new
controller.  Nobody mailed me them.  (I did get the horn, but it doesn't
have a connector that can go on the BAC controller.

Offline Barry

« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2009, 03:56:48 AM »
The brake levers with the switches to deactivate the cruise control are VERY desirable. Otherwise you would have to tap the cruise button every time you want to stop and that is not intuitive.

What the cruise actually does is, it does not try to maintain the vehicle speed (wheel speed) but rather it maintains the  pulse width of the power signal to the motor. It is exactly the same as if you were to lock your thumb throttle lever at a given position.