Author Topic: Questions About Golden Motors UI App  (Read 1319 times)

Offline Leftiebiker

• Confirmed
Questions About Golden Motors UI App
« on: July 17, 2023, 02:34:41 AM »
   I had decided to switch to Bluetooth and the GM UI app, because the LCD display, aside from being inaccurate about trip lengths, has lately been refusing to turn the internal backlight on, and that bothers me because I do ride at night. So I got everything hooked up, only to find that:

* This version of the app, named "Lingbo", only reads speed and distance in kilometers.

* It is difficult to get it linked with the bike, and difficult to keep it active. It seems to be interfered with by other, nearby Bluetooth units.

So...

Is this the only version of the app? Or is there one with miles per hour and miles traveled? The one in the video on YouTube seems to be named "GM" instead of Lingbo.

Offline Bikemad

• Global Moderator
  • Professor
  • PhD. Magic
Re: Questions About Golden Motors UI App
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2023, 09:56:01 AM »
There are many versions of the Bluetooth App which you can download from this thread but I don't recall any of them having a MPH option.

I simply entered 1.61 into the Variable ratio setting to display the speed and distances in miles instead of km:

The display will still be labelled as km and km/h, but the values shown will actually relate to miles and miles per hour.

If repositioning the Bluetooth dongle doesn't help to keep it active, perhaps one of the other App versions in the above link will work better with your phone.

Alan

Offline Leftiebiker

• Confirmed
Re: Questions About Golden Motors UI App
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2023, 05:19:56 PM »
   Good enough! Thanks. Moving the dongle helped remove the unwanted BT contacts, although it did nothing to help connect to the app more easily.