Author Topic: Smart Pie Introductory Price ends 15th September 2012  (Read 6419 times)

Offline Bikemad

• Global Moderator
  • Professor
  • PhD. Magic
Smart Pie Introductory Price ends 15th September 2012
« on: September 13, 2012, 12:42:32 AM »

The Smart Pie (Mini Pie) can currently be purchased at this discounted price up until 15th September.

If you're thinking about purchasing one of these, and you would like to take advantage of this introductory offer and save $70.00, you will have to be quick and grab one now while they're still on offer.

Now don't say I didn't tell you about it.

Alan

Offline Lollandster

• Confirmed
  • Bachelor of Magic
  • Norway
Re: Smart Pie Introductory Price ends 15th September 2012
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2012, 06:51:12 AM »
You Liar. The sale is still going, they just keep extending the deadline. I managed to order my kit 2 days before the sale stated  :( and I'm still waiting for the SmartPie to arrive. Goldenmotor doesn't answer my emails so I have no idea why I haven't received the kit yet.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2012, 01:38:55 PM by lollandster »
Disclaimer: I know nothing.
My ebike Build blog

Offline Rodmiami

• Confirmed
  • Bachelor of Magic
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2012, 02:00:01 PM »
  We all know better than to order directly from GM China . No warranty , no communication . When Gary tells me he has them and he has tested one then I will consider buying one . Oh and it will have to run in reverse so I can use my disk brake on my front wheel . Rod

Offline Lollandster

• Confirmed
  • Bachelor of Magic
  • Norway
« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2012, 02:14:20 PM »
I didn't know better.

Besides, Gary didn't list the SmartPie at the time I ordered and now it says 31 oct on his website. I couldn't wait that long. I could of course have bought something else, maybe a geared hub motor. The MagicPie is too big.
My ebike Build blog

Offline GM Canada

• Super Gary
  • Confirmed
  • PhD. Magic
« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2012, 12:34:57 AM »
lollandster,

I think you could use a little more class in how you respond to people. Alan Only announced the sale and pasted in the extension of the sale when GM extended it. How this makes him a liar I am unclear.

I understand you frustration with GM China and unfortunately they are off work for a week so it will be even longer to get a response. Hopefully your kit is on its way to you already.

Funny thing is right at the time this sale started I had a sea order leave china. They could not give me a full compliment of Smart Pies as they did not exist yet. I ended up with only three rear Smart Pies in my current shipment. So I would think they are building them as they go. Maybe you ordered a non common size and they don't have it in production yet?

My next sea order with Smart Pies on order should have left by now, but since They are shutdown and I have heard nothing, I assume it has not.  Looks like I will have to push back my expected shipping dates again.

So if you don't have your motor and my sea order is not ready I would assume they cant keep up at the moment.

I know none of this helps your issue. But maybe it helps to explain it.

Gary

Offline Bikemad

• Global Moderator
  • Professor
  • PhD. Magic
« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2012, 01:47:22 AM »
Alan Only announced the sale and pasted in the extension of the sale when GM extended it.

Gary, that's almost correct, apart from one small detail:
I didn't actually post details of the extended offer, simply because I didn't even know GM had extended it until I read lollandster's post.

It would appear that GM have simply changed the original image file on the website that I had copied the image URL from.

Fortunately, I saved a copy of the original offer to my PC which you can see here:

compared to the one that is currently on their site:

Anyway, if I had updated my original post, it would have: « Last Edit: September xx, 2012, xx:xx:xx xx by Bikemad » along the bottom of the post. ;)

Alan

Like this:

« Last Edit: July 03, 2017, 12:06:25 AM by Bikemad »

Offline Lollandster

• Confirmed
  • Bachelor of Magic
  • Norway
« Reply #6 on: October 02, 2012, 04:23:53 AM »
I am sorry that I may have sounded rude. The original little comment calling Bikemad a liar was a bad attempt of humor, of course I know it isn't his fault. The rest was just frustration. Mixing frustration and humor was a bad idea.

The long delay I'm experiencing is probably not GoldenMotor Chinas fault as the wheel is in the hands of EMS China. But I would appreciate if they didn't just stop answering my mails right after ordering. I know they probably are on a week vacation now due to Chinese national day, but I haven't tried contacting them this week. I sent 2 mails 3rd September before ordering. Both mails where answered in less than 24 hours. I ordered the SmartPie 4th September. Then I tried mailing them 6th September and last was 26th September. Those mail where not answered. But as soon as the wheel arrives I'll probably forget all about the waiting and just be thrilled with my new toy. Until then, agony.

EDIT: October 8th, I'm finally in dialog with GoldenMotor (they're back from vacation). I hope to get this resolved now.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2012, 09:16:02 AM by lollandster »
My ebike Build blog

Offline Bikemad

• Global Moderator
  • Professor
  • PhD. Magic
Re: Delayed EMS delivery
« Reply #7 on: October 02, 2012, 12:23:49 PM »
The original little comment calling Bikemad a liar was a bad attempt of humor, of course I know it isn't his fault.
I'm glad you clarified exactly what you meant. So, if it isn't my fault I'm a liar, whose fault is it?

Anyway, if you have a tracking number for the package, you should be able to check the progress on the relevant website.
I find that customs is usually the biggest hold up with deliveries from abroad.

The last package that was sent from China via EMS took longer than expected. According to China's postal tracking system, the parcel status said, "Your item was not delivered successfully....Attempted Delivery at 05:21:00". What sort of delivery company attempts to deliver a parcel at 5:21 am?
My doorbell always wakes me up if I'm asleep, and if someone tapped gently on the door, the dog's barking would have woken me up anyway. Also, there was no card placed through the letterbox to say that a delivery had been attempted either.

Something didn't seem quite right, so I decided to enter the tracking number into the tracking section on the ParcelForce website (local delivery agents) and it said, "05:21 - Exeter Depot - Awaiting payment of charges", so obviously an "attempted delivery" had not actually taken place.

I ended up driving to Exeter to pay the customs charges and collect the package myself, as I did not want to wait at least another three days to receive my package.

Hopefully your delivery will turn up soon.

Alan

« Last Edit: July 03, 2017, 12:05:48 AM by Bikemad »

Offline Lollandster

• Confirmed
  • Bachelor of Magic
  • Norway
« Reply #8 on: October 02, 2012, 01:35:11 PM »
I have a tracking number (see bottom of post). I am afraid that the motor has been put on a boat instead of a plane in which case it probably wont arrive here in another week or two. I know batteries from Golden Motor are put on boats but I have already gotten my battery from another place which only used 3 days to arrive from Hong Kong (DHL). EMS China might also have lost my package, but I hope not. There is no easy way to contact EMS China that I could find.
Does airmail usually go through Shanghai?

Code: (Heres the tracking result from EMS:) [Select]
2012-09-11  17:24:00 WUJIN               Posting 
2012-09-11  18:45:44 SUZHOU               Arrival at Sorting Center 
2012-09-11  18:52:00 WUJIN               Despatch from Sorting Center 
2012-09-11  19:05:44 CHANGZHOU       Arrival at Sorting Center 
2012-09-11  20:12:40 CHANGZHOU       Despatch from Sorting Center 
2012-09-11  22:17:52 SUZHOU                Despatch from Sorting Center 
2012-09-12  18:56:09 SHANGHAI       Arrival at Sorting Center 
2012-09-12  19:11:12 SHANGHAI       Despatch from Sorting Center 
« Last Edit: October 02, 2012, 01:38:00 PM by lollandster »
My ebike Build blog

Offline Duck

• Confirmed
« Reply #9 on: October 02, 2012, 02:43:32 PM »
I didn't know better.

Besides, Gary didn't list the SmartPie at the time I ordered and now it says 31 oct on his website. I couldn't wait that long. I could of course have bought something else, maybe a geared hub motor. The MagicPie is too big.

Actually, the MagicPie kits are well thoughtout. The MagicPie3 has the controller in the center of the hub and actually moves the brushless DC motor rotor/stator further outwards toward the rim. The design actually drastically improves applied torque due to the wheel having less leverage on the motor. The integrated controller makes wiring incredibly simple compared to other kits as well because you don't have to find a place to hide an external controller and all the associated wiring.

The batteries and Magic Pie motors are very high quality... I would have happily paid another $100 for the kit if they included a higher quality throttle/buttons/brake levers....
Everything is better with more horsepower!

Offline GM Canada

• Super Gary
  • Confirmed
  • PhD. Magic
« Reply #10 on: October 24, 2012, 01:37:11 AM »
I have two Smart Pies I have not had the chance to test. I have been sitting on them for a week or so. If anyone is interested I thought I would offer them to the folks in the forum now that I have made them available online. I only have one 26" and one 700c rear.

http://www.goldenmotor.ca/products/26-Inch-Rear-Smart-Pie-Conversion-Kit.html
http://www.goldenmotor.ca/products/700c-Rear-Smart-Pie-Conversion-Kit.html

I have no others or even replacement controllers for them until the end of November.

If this looks like blatant promotion. please believe me it is not. They would sell easily on my website anyway. I am actually hoping to get some more feedback in the forum on Smart pies.

Gary